• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type math equations in After Effects

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to type math equations and add it as a text but I didn't find any font that can do that, Also I tried to write it in Microsoft word's plugin "MathType" and it worked but when I try to paste it in After Effects it won't work,
Is there a way to type math equations in After Effect or is there a MathType plugin for After Effects?

P.S. I'm trying to type equations like the following picture:

unnamed.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you can converted as vector than use it inside AE, i don't think there are any font allow you type like this inside after effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have essentially the same problem, but I want the equation to show up in Adobe Premiere. Basically there ain't no way, as far as I have been able to find out, to write the equation in an Adobe product except for typing out each element using a symbol font that has math characters in Photoshop or Illustrator, placing each part of the equation on a different layer, and then manually repositioning the elements to make up the equation you want.  Then you could collapse the layers or leave them on separate layers if you wanted to edit the thing in the future.  But who has the patience do do it that way?

The other option is to use Word's Equation Editor to design your equation, make it the size you want by changing the font size, and (on a Mac), use Screenshot to copy the thing to the clipboard and then paste it into a new Photoshop or Illustrator document and save it as the file type that you need.

Klutzy, but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One option is to use font type Symbol that should already be in AE. I use Symbol (Regular). I use this for creating equation animations for math and physics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To animate mathematical equations, you can install the anytex plugin https://aescripts.com/anytex/ , works with adobe premiere pro and after effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great idea, but it's kind of expensive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines