• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unknown checkout id (78::7)

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it keeps saying this every time i play my edit but i've almost finished so i dont want to start over, what can i do?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not offered up any critical details like system info, contents of the project, effects and footages, preview settings, and whatnot. Unknown checkouts refer to buffers not being the expected type, which could be anything from a botched masked layer to overcranked effects settings to broken audio. 

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

calm down 😭

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, my aafter effects also does this, it only hapens when i import twixtor onto my clips. do you kno why?? it says after effects error: chekout id is not unique 78 :: 7 aswell

please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sam,

What's the version of After Effects you're using? It could be a compatibility issue if you are using the latest version of After Effects (22.3)? If you're on M1 computer, not all plug-ins are supported on M1 yet.

You can contact the plug-in manufacturer to be sure on that.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I dont usually get this problem unless I add way too many effects onto one layer without precomposing it first, so its not an issue for me, But i was curious if you had any other info about the unknown check out id 78:7 error, When I used to use Windows, I always had that problem when I added a Sapphire plugin effect onto a layer and then hit the spacebar and once the time indicator got a grey section (that was not rendered, as opposed to the green line that loads as it renders) and it would pause for a bit as it rendered the preview, this error came up, and I could never get rid of it, I tried different versions of After effects, different versions of The sapphire Plugin, deleting error logs, updating drivers, etc, and it never went away completely. So i was just curious about anything else you or anyone else may know about that error code, because I havent found alot online about it

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this same error whenever I use effects from the MAXON Red Giant Universe plugin. As soon as I drop the effect onto ANY element, this error pops up and won't stop until I delete it from the layer. 

Reached out to Red Giant and they said this error message seems to be related to a frame rate issue or an asset inside the project, but this happens on ANY project I use RGU on. Even a brand new project, dropping it onto a solid layer or a text layer. It seems to happen once it's used more than once. They sent me an uninstall and reinstall instruction and I did that but still the same error occurs. Very frustrating. 

Currently working on: 

Adobe After Effects 2021

Mac OS Big Sur 11.5.1

4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

64 GB 2400 MHz DDr4

Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coincidentally enough I am in the same boat. I have been trying to use Logo Motion for some motion graphics so I don't have to manually make my own animations for things that Red Giant should be able to do just fine. With all of the Logo Motion Presets and animation styles that are already pre built, there is no reason for me to manually control the behaviors of my layers when, like I said, Logo Motion does it just fine. Just lost my entire project because Auto Save was set to an SSD that isn't even plugged in (my fault), however I never would've lost anything if that 78::7 error never came up in the first place. I kept clicking "OK" and finally new that thing just wasn't going to let me win this time. I do agree with you that once you throw too many effects from Red Giant the whole thing starts to take a dump. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Have you found a workaround yet? I see your computer surpasses mine in performance and hardware (mid 2015 Macbook Pro). Could it be a hardware issue? For me, this hasn't happened on any of my projects that aren't using RG... Seems to me RG and AE just aren't playing nicely at the moment which is very frustrating. Good luck to you, glad someone feels my pain.

- Evan

AE 2021

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.17

2.2 GHz Quad Core Intel i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDr3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately I haven't found a workaround. I had to uninstall the altest RGU and go back to an earlier version (whatever was before 4.0.0). Now everything works fine again, so evidently it's a bug in the latest update. Waiting a bit longer before I re-install because I don't trust the problem has been fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man that's a bummer. I might have to do the same if this keeps happening, since I've left my comment it's already happened a few times. Have they said it's a bug in the latest issue? I too wouldn't reinstall until I know the problem has been fixed. Been working on text and logo animations all day, and at a certain point time and energy is just wasted. If you find a workaround come back here and give me a shout! Good luck with your endeavors my friend, happy editing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i highly doubt that Red Giant / Maxon will admit that it's an issue on their side, but I'm sure it will just miraculously be fixed in a later update! Good luck to you too and I'll be sure to post here if anything is fixed in the meantime. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find myself on this thread for the same reason. I have a handful of projects that I started a few months ago and now I'm having to go through and remove the Logo Motion effect from all my layers because it is causing After Effects to crash and Premiere pro to run extremely slow. Never was an issue before the Maxon acquisition. I've cancelled my subscription as a result. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed with RGU 15 update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines