• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unsolved black screen when exporting to gif from AE, was working great until today

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My AE animation has been exporting just fine until today—showing a black screen in preview and the animated gif is black. The preview in AE shows fine. There's a background in the AE composition, so its not that. I have reinstalled AE and ME and the problem persists. It worked fine since Monday, just started today, and now other videos are having the same issue. Any help greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

It turns out to be an issue of a 2014 computer that can't handle export of a video that's 8 seconds long. I sent it to a colleague with more memory capacity and it worked just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from using the community >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your AE project says 24 FPS, AME says 25 FPS for the output. So there you have your framerate mismatch. You need to investigate where this is coming from and adjust it accordingly.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I tried changing the AE output settings to 25 FPS, to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey jmstl,

Welcome to the community, and sorry for the issue. Could you share a screenshot of your export settings? Do you see this issue with a specific project or all projects? Do you only see this issue while exporting Animated GIFs, or do you experience it while exporting other file formats? 

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It turns out to be an issue of a 2014 computer that can't handle export of a video that's 8 seconds long. I sent it to a colleague with more memory capacity and it worked just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines