Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted Outline in Precomp (AE)

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hej hej!

I'm facing and issue in After Effects where an static outline is created on an animated waving arm after precomposition. It happens in both black background and transparent. Checking said animation before precomp, said outline does not occur.

At first I thought it was a rendering bug as I'm working at 1/4 resolution, but it also happens on the 4K MPEG export.

Any ideas or suggestions would be immensely appreciated! Thanks!

Vector_noOutline.png

Vector animation 

Vector_Precomp.png

Precomposed animation on another composition.

Cheers!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without more specific info about what's actually going on we can't tell you much. Zoomed in and cropped screenshots are pretty much useless. Context matters and it's often crucial to see the timelien with revealed properties and al lthat to understand what's going on. That said, on a hunch I think you are having an issue/ misunderstanding about continuous rasterization and how it interacts with effects like the Puppet tool that will always enforce rasterization, anyway. Then again, one of your blends could be the problem here ansd simply break down. Either way, we don't have nearly enough info to make a better guess and advise on potential solutions. you need to provide much more details on what you are actualyl doing there.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the same problem, when i deactivate FX the shape returns to its place and i can move it freely without the outline appearing, but cant manage to animate what i want without the ANNOYING invisible outline. 

Please if anyone knows how to solve it, i would love to hear from you.

thank you for your attention

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally solved the problem, What i did is to redo the animation agaim from 0. I know it sounds like a tiring job to do, but it the only thing that worked for me, I hope it helps man

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines