Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using a mogrt inside of AE need to expand the precomp for only one instance

Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

BLUF: A precomp is on screen and the contents in that precomp go outside of the bounding box. Is there a way to expand the precomp's bounding box in that one insance?

Details: We have continued to evolve a mogrt for creating military symbols. The issue is, one symbol's unit number is much longer than anything we built the mogrt for... and... we don't want to expand ALL the insances... just this one. Is there some effect/method to do this?

I don't want to 'copy/paste' the layers from the precomp because, I'm sure they will want to change the numbers again. So keeping the functionality of the mogrt is important to me. 

I'm on CC2020 on a beefy computer running Windows 7.

THANKS!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

it's hard to know exactly what is going on. collapse transformations will also reverse the layer render order (making transform go before effects instead after) and that could cause trouble. if the problem is that element go outside the boundaries, then it's either expandning the comp size or collapse. if it was an effect getting cropped for that precomp you could use the grow bounds effect. I can't tell exactly what is going on from that small screenshot and what is messing up. maybe you could

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can toggle the collapse transformation switch for that precomp. this will expand the boundary to reveal elements outside of it:
image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost... unfortunatly we have other effects on the precomp that does not play well with collapse transform. (see attached). **Thank you though! Maybe this is some step into the solution?newprobs.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's hard to know exactly what is going on. collapse transformations will also reverse the layer render order (making transform go before effects instead after) and that could cause trouble. if the problem is that element go outside the boundaries, then it's either expandning the comp size or collapse. if it was an effect getting cropped for that precomp you could use the grow bounds effect. I can't tell exactly what is going on from that small screenshot and what is messing up. maybe you could build it in a way that the effects will be inside (and controlled my master properties if you need changes done from the outside). and of course you could always make that precomp unique and make changes only to that one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SO, yeah... i'm a moron. 🙂 just duplicated that precomp (the one with all the master propperties... renamed it to ...-expanded) and expanded the width. Presto. #facePalm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines