Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UXP for After Effects

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've read recently that the CEP way of developing plugins is about to be ditched in favor of the new UXP tool, in addition of new JavaScript engine that should replace the old ExtendScript engine.

As far as I as I can tell this is currently supported for Photoshop only, is it going to be supported for After Effects as well? If so, is there any official release date for that?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

I want to add that After Effects is working on beginning to expose UXP APIs (i.e. new JavaScript) as early as next year. That said, I've never heard the CEP retirement date for AE that Mylenium mentioned.

In addition to PS and XD, UXP APIs are also now available in InDesign, at least for scripting. Panel support is expected next year.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't hear about it until it's ready and current plans haven't changed AFAIK, meaning it won't be fully supported everywhere before 2024 or even later. Traditionally AE has always been among the last apps to adapt new UI stuff and scripting extensions, so it's not going to happen overnight. To my knowledge CEP is earmarked for retirement in 2026 and until then will be supported.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Mylenium said. The plan is that it will come to Ae and Pr, but I haven't heard a release date, yet. So far, it is available for Ps and XD.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want to add that After Effects is working on beginning to expose UXP APIs (i.e. new JavaScript) as early as next year. That said, I've never heard the CEP retirement date for AE that Mylenium mentioned.

In addition to PS and XD, UXP APIs are also now available in InDesign, at least for scripting. Panel support is expected next year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines