• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vector Layer

Guide ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a part of a tutorial. I try to replicate this work but I got pixelization when zoom in the text. In the video text is a vector layer when zoom in. What is the reason for different result? video is attached.

Original video link (time 2.07.23 - 2.09.14)

After Effects for Beginners | FREE Mega Course

1.jpg

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a difference between scaling and zooming. You have your composition size to 800%. With this zoom value you always get pixelization even in vector files. If you maintain the composition size to 100% and scale your layer to 800%, you will see crisp text. You never will see any video made in AE or any other software at 800% in any kind of device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you say what tutorial says (vector layer) is incorrect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I'm saying is that ZOOMING and SCALING are two very different concepts in After Effects and a lot of users have some confussion about that. ZOOMING in the composition panel always gives you pixelated preview over 100% even with vector art. SCALING your vector layers if your composition size is more than 100% will give your crisp results if your composition panel is at 100%. In case of external vector files like .AI or .EPS files you must activate the CONTINUOUS RASTERIZE option for your layers, no need to do it with shape layers or text layers created inside After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you say is if one wants vector layer option is either .AI or .EPS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this is not what I'm saying. Shape Layers and Text layers are vector too. And there are some additional vector file formats that are not .ai or .eps like the .sfw or .svg formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, the tutorial is very clear and he explains how to SCALE the layer and how you should keep the zoom in 100% to see the best quality of your layer without pixelating, so when you zoom in 800% that's mean you see pixel but it's in preview only and not affected the final render

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please give me the time duration of the tutorial which I have to understand clearly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines