• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video and audio in slow motion

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import a video it looks like its in slow motion, I think its because my pc is not rendering the video in real time so how can I fix it?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you've fallen for a common misunderstanding about using After Effects.

I've made a video explaining about that and the steps you can take to improve it:

https://youtu.be/tdaT81eVbcQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You cannot. After effects used to be able to handle that, but no more. It's old and slow. Nuke nc or Davinci Resolve can, and they're free, though you'd need to learn node based effects, which can be clunky IMO. If it seems rude for me to say tbat here, I told the devs this would happen if they didn't start on a replacement in 2018 or something, and here we are, with 3 years of work to add colored keyframes, making renders take several times longer to render on the hardware they advertise working with it, and multithreaded versions of the same effects in other adobe programs, not this one.

You should theoretically be able to load it into RAM the first time watching, but the UI is basically all calculated on a single CPU core and the program doesn't really use GPU, and even the best computers only have enough RAM for like 10 seconds of footage at most, so....

I just use my old CS6 version. It previews faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines