Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video at 15 FPS playback (and export) is slow

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, 

I've been given some videos to do some simple effects/crop to a certain size.  I have no problem editing the videos that are 29.97 fps.   But some of these videos are coming (2 or 3) in at 15 fps and the playback is extremely slow. I can play around with the Frame Rate and sounds to get it about right, but when I go to export it, it's back to the same slow distorted sound. 

I have tried everything in the forums, I've tried changing the Precview speeds, set ups at 15 fps right off the start, nothing works.   I also pull it into Premiere Pro and the same thing is happening.  

What am I doing wrong here? 

TOPICS
Audio , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without exact info about your footage, your composition settings, preview settings, render settings and so on we can't really tell you much. The most likely cause is that the source footages simply are not properly encoded. AE is very particular about what it likes and what not and clips recorded with unusual or crooked settings such as often happens with recorded game footage, other screen recordings or clips from mobile phones simply are not to its taste due to things like variable framerates being used or the internal stream structure being botched. You may have to convert/ transcode these clips in another tool before bringing them into AE. Everything else beyond this speculative assessment will require more info.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The more I talked to my client who supplied the videos were transferred to her by cellphone text (Ugh!) - So my guess was an IOS to Android transfer which automatically downgrades video to the 15 fps and never comes in clear.  (so you are probably correct with the footages not being properly encoded)  I have simply told her to resend the files and they seem to be perfectly fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines