• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video CoPilot 3D packs vanished.

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, new guy here. But an old hand with After Effects and Video CoPilot. Recently I messed around with my eMac, trying to create more space, and somehow managed to stupidly obliterate some of the 3D packs that I got from V Copil. So I went to the site and opened my Order History and downloaded them again. Installed them okay. But when I later opened Elements I got a little box message saying the one of the packs, (Motion Design) was not registered and would I like to register it.

Well, I assumed my licence for the pack was buried somewhere on my comp, and would automatically activate. But it isn't, and it didn't. I've sent an email to the site, but I don't hold out much hope of a reply, as they've been out of the loop for years now. 

While I'm waiting, can anyone suggest what I could do to fix this? I don't know where to start.

Thanks,

Jim.  

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to re-install Element 3D and any 3D packs you purchased. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Rick. Thanks for your reply.

I've re-installed Element 3D and all the 3D packs already, but the same thing keeps happening. (In fact last night I found that I got the same message about two more of my 3D packs. It doesn't make sense, because when I first opened AE and Elements, those other two packs were working fine. Now suddenly they're not, and when I go to Register them I get the same problem. I'm thinking I might have to re-install After Effects, but even if I do, I think I'll still get that message. Video CoPilot has a scheme to ensure that people can't register a product twice for the same purchase. And that's fine, but These packs cost $100 each, so I'm keen to find some way to get them working again. I'm beginning to wonder if my Mac needs a complete re-install of its OS, but that might cause even more problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THis sounds like a simple licensing issue.  Try re-installing again, and use the automated license process when you first open Element.  If that doesn't work, just email VCP and they'll reset your licenses for reactivation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try again, Andrew, but I've already tried twice. The automated licensing process keeps telling me there's an error. I suppose that's because it thinks I'm trying to get two licenses for the price of one. There doesn't seem to be a way to tell someone at Video CoPilot about the problem. I have emailed them, but I don't hold out much hope of a response. They've been pretty dormant for a long while now.

Anyway, it's been 6 hours now so I'll give it another try.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To give Video CoPilot their due, Matt Kramer replied to my enquiry the next day. So, the company is still going strong obviously. A good thing, too! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, after a couple of days of back and forth with Matt Kramer of Video CoPilot, the problem is fixed. I have to say Matt and the Video CoPilot team are aces. They persevered and responded to my endless fretfull messages and were very patient with my problem. They did some machinations at their end, which allowed me to reinstall and register Element, which then allowed me to do the same for all the 3D packs. Excellent job, couldn't be more pleased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines