Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VideoCopilot Twitch causing render fails

Advocate ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've run into a problem wherein rendering an AE project in Media Encoder, the render fails every time at around exactly the same point. I've tried removing plugins and have narrowed it down to VC Twitch causing the issue. The weird part is, that Twitch is active (at some points) throughout my entire composition, and it renders fine in the other parts. Just for some reason when it gets to this point in the render, it fails. I use Twitch very often, so does anyone have any ideas for a fix?

I've tried different codecs, ProRes and H.264. Same result. Also, different render settings, and still doesn't work. I never used to have problems with it either.

I noticed some old posts from around December 2012 with the same issue, but those were just issues with updates. The link to download the "newest" version has been removed (probably for a while) and the most recent version they give you is v1.2 (they haven't updated it in like 10 years anyway).

Thanks for your time! 

~Jake
TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to say. Perhaps it's a combination of values, perhaps at this point the footage is different than in your other usage instances. Screenshots and more info would certainly help.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah here are some screenshots:

In the comp, the twitch values go from 0 > 5 > 34 > 0, over and over again (to match the music). I have other effects but those are turned off during rendering + they aren't causing a problem anyway. 

Jqke_2-1658845533494.png

The area in which it's crashing during rendering is the work area I've selected for the screenshot. In the work area selected, it goes down from 34 > 0 > 5 again. Not any different than other places in the composition. There aren't any other instances of Twitch in the comp either. And there are no other keyframes in this work area.

My "footage" is an image sequence. Here is a screenshot of my entire comp. The red outline is the layer (layer 14, sync) that includes Twitch.

Jqke_3-1658846423455.png

My PC Specs:
Ryzen 5 5600X
GeForce RTX 3060 Ti

32 GB RAM

1 TB SSD + 2 TB HDD

Sorry if I didn't supply enough info, let me know what you need if you have suggestions!

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered pre-composing parts of your effects stack? I have a strong hunch that this is a rendering order problem and you may need to isolate e.g. the Sapphire effects. Also check the animation graph. Despite using ease keyframes, you may have a kink in there that produces excessive values and the plug-in doesn't catch it and goes *boom*. Everything else looks normal.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I've narrowed it down to just being an issue with this project for some reason. The values go from 5 > 34 in a matter of one frame, just because of the music syncing. The graph looks like this:

Jqke_0-1658860702274.png

So there are spikes, but AME is able to render them all fine otherwise. 

I've tried using Twitch on a different project now, and it seems to be working fine! Thanks for the help! 🙂

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines