Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

warp effect problem

Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

I have an error with the warp effect, when I put the effect on the shape he goes like this, moves out the shape edgesUntitled.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Effects always operate relative to the layer and a shape layer is always the size of the composition. Your shape is not perfectly centered, so inevitably there's an offset. Adjust the position of the shape group for your rectangle. Also consider pre-composing your shapes to get predictable results.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pre-composing works, but I put the shape in the middle of the composition  Still the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Omar, you have the bend set at 50 so it's doing what it is supposed to do. Set it to 0 and it should straighten out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you are experiencing is the way the warp effect applies to shape layers.

It's not a glitch, it's just the way shape layers are affected by Warp.

I assume it has to do wth the way the dimensions of a shape layer are calculated vs the dimensions of the shapes on that layer.

If you just need to warp a rectangle you can use a Solid layer instead of a shape. 

If you have to use a shape layer you either need to pre–compose it or adjust the shapes position until yo uget the look you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines