Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WARPING LAYERS

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys!

I'm trying to recreate a backdrop that Katy Perry used in her opening for the Witness: The Tour.

The whole backdrop has a circle in the middle and two screens at left and right simulating the human eye, and here's my problem.

At the final part on these side screens, there's this kinda layer made out of lines that warps in certain ways.

I've been struggling to replicate this part as I don't know how to do it and I've been searching all the Internet for the solution and found nothing and finally decided to post the situation here just in case someone knows it easier and more efficient than me and if it can be done in After Effects which I think it can.

I attach a link to the recreation that someone did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3_0W4ovoMU . The part I have to finish is the one that goes from 03:29-03:45.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trapcode 3D Stroke with tapering, repeater and warping of the source mask path. Could also be Trapcode Form with similar settings. Either way, bog standard stuff if you have the plug-ins. Of course re-creating it without them would be infinitely more difficult.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I've got the trapcode 3d plug-in and I tried what you meant unless the warping part which I haven't seen yet. If you can help me find it.

I attach a photo so you can see my test.

guino11_1-1613987980177.png

I applied the taper so that way both in and out parts from the stroke can be molded and be thinner maintaining the thickness of the stroke in its center. The repeater too, with 2 symmetrically instances. I'm missing the warp part.

By bogging standard stuff you mean to always use plugins if available, right?

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set up the repeater and animate the source mask path. of course you may need to use multiple layers to get the exact effect.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean? I tried with the repeater stopwatch but I don't get it, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium give you the best solution, but you can also create something like this without any plugins using shapes and repeater and sure you can add glow and any other effects you want 

Feb-22-2021 14-29-43.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this .gif is the exact thing I want to do, can you explain to me how to do it, please? Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want to recreate the same effect as you did with this example and other configurations! If you can explain to me how you did it'd be awesome, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines