• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I use Mocha in after effects it shrinks the object I apply the export tracking data to

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use Mocha in after effects it shrinks the object I apply the export tracking data to the point it can barely be seen. why is that?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have to see your workflow. I need embedded screenshots of your Moca UI when you are tracking and the comp timeline with the modified properties in the Mocha layer and the layer that is shrinking. Pressing 'uu' will reveal all modified properties. You can copy and paste the screenshots to the reply field on the forum, drag them here, or use the Toolbar so we can see them without downloading.

I suspect there is something wrong with your workflow inside Mocha.

Have you gone through the Mocha Essentials training series? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(images removed by moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you are not set the Planar Surface inside Mocha. Once you have defined the area to track, you must set the planar Surface (the blue "S" icon on the toolbar). Anyway I'm not sure you need the planar surface but the transform data. Have you tried to use the transform export option instead of the corner pin option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jose Prado.Will try your suggestion. Im willing to explore all options.Will update 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with Rick. Show us some screenshots. From footage interpretation not matching to using a camera track without actually having a matching camera in the comp I could imagine a ton of things going wrong. Impossible to know without more specific details.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with my colleagues, we need mor info. Anyway you need to know that if you are using corner pin instead of transform options on exporting trakcing data, the target layer MUST be the same size as the tracked layer to avoid an offset. Also, every time you click ob the export tracking button with the corner pin option active, you will get several Corner Pin effect instances in your target layer and this could cause what you are talking about: layers that cannot be seen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any Surface setup in your Mocha UI. The Splines define the texture you are tracking, and everything inside the spline should be on the same plane (flat Surface). The Surface defines what is being tracked. You have to turn on the surface tool. That is the little blue box with the S inside. Then you must align the four corners and the center with what you want to track. When you do a corner pin attachment, a comp-sized layer will be transformed to match the Surface you define. 

You will find examples and instructions in the Mocha Essentials training course. I provided a link.

If you are applying Corner Pin to the ship, you must ensure that the Surface is the size you want the ship to be in the composite, and you have to ensure that the Ship layer fills the comp panel. If you have to scale it to make it fit, you must pre-compose and move all attributes before you apply Corner Pin.

If you just want to match motion, just track Transformation and apply that data to the Ship layer. The ship's position will match the Center of the Surface in Mocha, and the scale will not change.

If you track Transformation, Scale, Rotation, and Skew, the layer will follow all of the data you tracked. 

Unfortunately, your screenshots do not show us how you tracked the sky and objects on the horizon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you rick will try your suggestion. I just tracked the entire size of the frame because i thought that it would fit the csale of the ship

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did wat you recod.it still shrinks.but i fiddled with the achor point and adjusted it to the position of the target and it didnt shrink it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you checked the scale of the footage you are tracking with Mocha? When working on a project I scaled footage to the size of the composition, this did not work well when tracking. I reset the scale to 100% and tracked again, then used a null layer to scale the tracked footage with the applied composition. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines