• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where did the script editor go in AE 2022

Participant ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC just installed AE 2022 for me, and now the scripting editor is gone. I was using the old one in 2021, it wasn't great, but it got the job done. I searched high and low, found an online SDK, which only features inDesign and Photoshop. I don't want to press file -> run script everytime I change a tiny detail. I saw commandline help to run a certain script, but the editor told me which line went wrong and jumped there, not just: error. I also found a plugin for VS code, which I would be happy to use if I knew it was working seamlessly, not with a commandline I have to run.

TOPICS
Scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ESTK has been declared dead several releases ago. You have to install XCode/ MS Visual Studio with teh respective CS extensions or use whatever alternate editor you fancy.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's obsolete to an extent, but it works. Before I try to fiddle with annoying extensions for VS, do I have the option to just press play and the  script gets executed in AE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can still manually open ESTK and pair it with AE 22. Works the same, just the menu is missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not how it works. Scripts need to be executed from within AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines