• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workspace won't appear in live stream.

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, im Viplexity. Recently, I wanted to start live streaming myself whilst I animate with Adobe After Effects (2019) with the application "StreamLabs OBS". Everything works well except for the fact that the workspace panel in After Effects doesn't show up on stream. Every other panel appears EXCEPT for the workspace panel and I have no clue why. That's the panel that is needed most for display so that the audience can see what i'm animating and how i'm doing it. I've contacted an Adobe employee and they didn't know how to fix it and directed me here to ask one of you for an answer. The streaming program isn't the issue because it works just fine with Sony Vegas and other programs. My Adobe programs are the only ones having this issue (This happens with Photoshop as well but I don't plan on streaming Photoshop). @issue.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OBS cannot see screen regions that are hardware-accelerated.

Under After Effects Preferences > Display, turn off Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer and Footage Panels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work but thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be an issue between OBS and Adobe products generally:

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/streaming-ae-editing-no-work-space.67426/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. I recently found out how to fix it in Photoshop but i still can't fix it in After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you fix in in photoshop??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usualy do not use OBS for AE streaming, but I'm using OBS for Video Podcasting so I tryed recreate your issue and unfortunatelly I can't. It seems that everything works as it should in OBS and Streamlabs OBS for me. The same with PS. So it is hard for me to say what can be the issue.
I'm not sure if that is the corrct direction but tell us wha is your GPU model/vendor - maby there is something in there that we can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solutions worked for me.
  1. Open OBS
  2. Click the gear icon for your Window Capture of After Effects
  3. Set "Capture Method" to "Windows 10"
  4. Profit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines