• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrapping text around a circle using eclipse tool problem

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to wrap my text around in a circle using the Eclipse tool like in all the tutorials. Still, every time I change my path to mask 1, the text appears on the outside of the circle going in the opposite direction as in the tutorials. Also, every time I try to add more text by double-clicking, the text only comes up halfway around the circle. 

The first screenshot is what mine looks like and the second screenshot is what it should look like.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

It sounds like you drew a text box that is forcing a line feed. Start a new layer and just start typing. Then try the add a few spaces, select all, Copy and Paste trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Character Panel and drag the Baseline Shift until the text is inside the circle.

RickGerard_0-1689406512943.gif

It is a lot easier to see your screenshots if you drag of copy and paste them to the reply field than it is when you use the Attach Button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help! I'm still struggling a bit though because I want to have the text follow the circle around but when I try to add more text it goes onto the line below. I tried to fix it using forced alignment but it doesn't look the same as in the tutorial.

Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 11.21.51.png

 

Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 11.26.57.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want one line, you cannot press the Carriage Return. Just keep typing. If you want equal spacing, you have to adjust the font size, kerning, and tracking by eye and set the Paragraph Justification to  Centered. The easiest way to repeat a phrase is to Select the words, move to the end, add 3 or 4 spaces, then copy (Ctrl/Cmnd + C) and then Paste (Ctrl/Cmnd + V), then hold down the Ctrl/Cmnd key while Dragging the font size, Tracking, Kerning or Font Horizontal Scale until you get the look you want.

RickGerard_0-1689443431441.gif

What tutorial are you following? If it did not go over those steps, an enthusiast probably prepared it, and the workflow and explanations may not be very good. Unfortunately, very few excellent tutorials turn up with a YouTube search. The number of views is no indication of quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not pressing return. I've even tried to do it without using a space but it still goes onto another line

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you drew a text box that is forcing a line feed. Start a new layer and just start typing. Then try the add a few spaces, select all, Copy and Paste trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked for me. Thank you so much for the help, Rick. Have a lovely day 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines