• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BETA: UI changes lose “sweet spot” for contrast

Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new UI changes in the current BETA version seem to have lost the sweet spot for the contrast between text and UI background color. Also only to have three options for the UI brightness is unfortunate in my opinion. At the moment I use a dark version (in the released version) that sits right between the new proposed “Darkest” and “Dark” setting. 

UI-Contrast.png
The “Reduce Contrast set to off” for some users might be just a bit too much and the “Reduce Contrast On” makes it just a little too low contrast. 

Also I think the highlighting for some UI icons is not better in the new version. Like the Toggle for transparency and masks.

new-ui.png

PLEASE keep the sliders to adjust the UI!

TOPICS
Feature request , Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree on the UI icons on the viewer, to me all look like non-interactable/locked buttons. What's wrong with them being blue shaded? If anything it would be cool to give the user control over the color of all blue elements so we could make them a dark warm yellow for example like the color of the OPs explanation text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @Rene Andritsch  that there's either too much text/background contrast or not enough. Adding some more contrast when Reduce Contrast is ON would help.

Although I think that what bothers me the most is the fact that enabled indicators are now grey instead of blue ... it's harder to see what's actually enabled.

The colour of the rulers in Dark mode is a bit too light as well, it seems it's the only mode where the rulers have a colour different from the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I think the highlighting for some UI icons is not better in the new version. Like the Toggle for transparency and masks.

new-ui.png

PLEASE keep the sliders to adjust the UI!

By @Rene Andritsch

Totally agree!

I hate the new total grey look. It's much easier and faster for the eye and brain to recognise and notice color then little shades of grey. Please bring back the color for activated icons!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also agree, I hope there will be the option to keep the same background gray shade as we have today. I found the new schemes too contrasted, I think now we have a perfect sweet spot. 

For the toggles, 100% please let us choose the higlight color (grey or blue), I can already see myself not noticing the toggles I forgot to turn off 🙂

I have a professional high-end monitor but in 24.4  the UI text looks smaller and less easy to read (looks bolder but somewhat blurry and harder to read).

aefont.jpg

As usual will be a matter of adapting to the new changes, but would be nice to have the option to keep things as they are and maybe gradually switch between projects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I totally agree that the text is now harder to read as the font weight looks bolder and the letter spacing has been decreased – I hope this is being chnages as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources