• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

“option” + drag to duplicate keyframes and layers

LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a lot of Adobe programs, you can hold "option" (on mac) and drag a shape or layer to duplicate it. Except for AE, this is however a very fast and interactive way to duplicate something that could even be applied to effects, keyframes, etc.

Here is a demo video of how this would work: https://vimeo.com/137401276
Idea No status
TOPICS
UI and UX

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
34 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is extremly important cause I do had developed the habit to option drag to copy but sometime I realize oh its after effects and it doesn't work the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do that Adobe people. Thanks Sander for your time to visualize that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alt/Option + drag = duplicate for keyframes, would allow to duplicate keys on several layers at the same time, which would be two enhancements in one. I can't wait to see it happen.

Alt/Option + drag = duplicate, already works well for shapes inside a shape layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is such a stupid bug. Can't believe this is still an issue in 2021. This request has almost 400 votes! On their "Resolved"-list they have implemented request with ONE vote!

Adobe Engineer Tim Kurkoski's solution to this request: "I'm wondering if this request needs to be split into two parts."

I think your paycheck should be split into two parts so that you can hire someone who will actually do their job

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, please make some quality-of-life improvements to keyframes! This is a great idea, but really anything that can be done to make masses of keyframes easier to duplicate, identify, and adjust would save everyone so much headache!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on guys! This is killing workflow. Its natural to work in this way across all other apps. Give it a modifer if it needs it, but please! This needs to go in ASAP! It seems so basic. You cant copy and paste keyframes across multiple layers! This would solve that as the keyframes would already be selected, no guessing which layers to copy and paste to.. PLEASE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please. Alt + drag on layers to duplicate would be such a smooth and efficient way to work.

On a related note, how come I DO get the "+" icon appearing next to my cursor when I do it, when it doesn't work ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, basic workflow helpers like this would really help. After Effects is somewhat in the dark ages when it comes to stuff like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since ever, I would like to copy keyframes in a multilayer selection.

And once in a while I try to alt drag keyframes to duplicate 'm (since this is common gesture to make duplicates of anything in a lot of applications).

And now I think: maybe a combination of both is the ultimate way to make a dream come true!

There won't be any confusion of how the duplicates will be pasted, since all of those will keep their tracks.

Hope you can make this happen!

Votes

Translate

Translate