Highlighted

Adobe's subscription service is a scam.

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Sorry for the bad English.

In the last few months, a guy named "kcp" has been taking $20 a month from my bank account.

After a long investigation, it turned out i didnt cancelled my free trial account and it automatically subscribed for an 1-year contract plan.

I didnt notice this because i didnt used after effect after first week.

And now i cant even cancel the plan and have to pay the cancellation fee.

How can you do this adobe? You automatically subscribed me to an 1-year contract and deliberately hid pay information. This is a borderline scam.

Please help me cancel my subscription and help me to get a refund.

Sorry if i was rude. im getting mad and frustrated. Please understand.

======== EDIT =======

THEY HELPED ME WITH THE PROBLEM.

Thanks for the information. Fortunately Adobe was able to help me with the issue.

While researching I found out ksp stands for 'Korean Cyber Payments'. The company in charge of auto-payments.

they didn't display who's charging the fee so i needed to call cards company.

Guessing by your information, I think Adobe may not intended to hide the information. I guess it's a problem only in korea.

Topics

FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe's subscription service is a scam.

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Sorry for the bad English.

In the last few months, a guy named "kcp" has been taking $20 a month from my bank account.

After a long investigation, it turned out i didnt cancelled my free trial account and it automatically subscribed for an 1-year contract plan.

I didnt notice this because i didnt used after effect after first week.

And now i cant even cancel the plan and have to pay the cancellation fee.

How can you do this adobe? You automatically subscribed me to an 1-year contract and deliberately hid pay information. This is a borderline scam.

Please help me cancel my subscription and help me to get a refund.

Sorry if i was rude. im getting mad and frustrated. Please understand.

======== EDIT =======

THEY HELPED ME WITH THE PROBLEM.

Thanks for the information. Fortunately Adobe was able to help me with the issue.

While researching I found out ksp stands for 'Korean Cyber Payments'. The company in charge of auto-payments.

Guessing by your information, I think Adobe may not intended to hide the information. I guess it's a problem only in korea.

Topics

FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that certainly sounds like something Adobe would do. 

They frequently hide vital information for users and make users opt out of certain things. 

It is not illegal, but it is sneaky and underhanded.
I am afraid you will need to contact Adobe Customer Service to resolve this.  Good luck.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, Park.
As far as pricing and contracts are concerned, as Dave_LaRonde says, you will need to contact customer support. It can not solved by the user community.
However, it is said that there is a name "kcp" in the withdrawal, but in the case of a request for Adobe , my card statement is "Adobe Systems" or "ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD", displayed with a descriptive name, that is the only question.

TkfY(ACP),JAPAN

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand how you expect to make a living or run a business if you didn't check your bank accounts and verify all charges at least once a month. One call to the bank or a check of the last statement would tell you who the merchant is. I check once a week. I have been doing it since you could do it online. Before that, I spent the better part of a full day each month going over all my accounts. I catch an unauthorized charge or accidental payment 3 or 4 times a year and always get them fixed. It usually takes 3 or 4 hours. The worst one I recently had to deal with was 9 charges that were added to my account in less than 1 minute after a ride Lyft ride to the airport in San Diego last August. That one, nearly $1,600 in unauthorized charges to a different Lyft account and 4 different merchant accounts in 2 different cities. It took 24 hours to resolve completely. I was not the only shared-ride customer to get hacked that day.

For what you get with an Adobe Subscription, it's a deal. If you don't use it enough to justify the expense then you are either an enthusiast or are lousy at running a business. My software expenses are about 3% of my overhead. That's about what I pay to process credit cards for my clients. Now there's a scam. A real one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I was the only one scammed by ADOBE:))  Looks like majority of users experienced the same issues - scamming with subscription. Here is my experience: https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/adobe-website-is-scamming/m-p/11097985?page=1#M466452

And sugestions for new Adobe users: NEVER  use your card. pay by PayOPal at least you will have chance to escalate case and get refund.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your card does not allow you to challenge a charge, get another card. You can't blame Adobe for fraudulent charges, but you can blame your card company or bank.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but was your comment associated with my remark?
 I'm just saying that PayPal is safer as you can escalate a clame and get refund.  No card issues at all. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been fighting Pay Pal for a refund for more than 10 years. My $1500 is just gone. I know it's unusual but the e-bay seller had a delivery notice from UPS with a totally illegible signature and they believed the seller and not me. I even filed in small claims court, PayPal didn't show up and they didn't issue a refund.

I put more faith in my bank. When I suspect fraud or want to block a vendor it takes less than a five-minute phone call from my banking app and the money is back in my account in less than 30 minutes. I've done it about 4 or 5 times in the last 2 years. The last time it happened Lyft charged my wife's card 3 times in 10 minutes, two vendors that deliver food in San Francisco made charges totaling about $300 right after she took a ride to the San Diego airport. We got a fraud call from the bank and a text message, the two bogus Lyft charges, and the food orders were immediately refunded and her card was still available to be used for anything except food orders from those vendors and a Lyft ride. You can't get that kind of service from Pay-Pal.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too - they are all a scam - all the Adobe subscriptions - stay away from them 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me - I needed one of the products for a personal music vid I was working on and apparently gave them my credit card info for a one-time use of the product. Fast forward several months and I finally notice I am being charged $57,00 a month for Creative Cloud which I don't need or use. I canceled last night and got a message that in addition to the hundreds of dollars I wasted, they are charging me a hundred bucks for an early cancelation fee. Yes, I should have checked my card earlier or read the fine print that my one time use of one product would lead to a very expensive subscription but I didn't due to fighting for my life during the virus outbreak. Maybe Adobe can make this right. We'll see. Stay safe all. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cancel  your card, get a new one sent out to you and don't subscribe to anything online again. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines