Highlighted

Annoying frames in final render After Effects.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

annoying fields.png 

Please, someone help!

I'm new to after effects and premiere pro and stuff.

I've worked hours on this scene and it was finaly done.

I saw those 2 square frames from the explosion and smoke burst and thought they would just go away in the final render.

But after the export rendering process finaly finished, these square frames were still visible.

Does someone know how to get rid of these things?

Can it still be saved?

(I've tried the wire removal trick but were still to much visible.)

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Annoying frames in final render After Effects.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

annoying fields.png 

Please, someone help!

I'm new to after effects and premiere pro and stuff.

I've worked hours on this scene and it was finaly done.

I saw those 2 square frames from the explosion and smoke burst and thought they would just go away in the final render.

But after the export rendering process finaly finished, these square frames were still visible.

Does someone know how to get rid of these things?

Can it still be saved?

(I've tried the wire removal trick but were still to much visible.)

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It hard to say without knowing exactly how your project was set. But for me it looks as borders of layer with your explosion that was keyed out fro background - if that is the case simle Garbage matte (masking out borders should help. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, hope it works!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know if it work - if not - maybe something else will help. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 1
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the edges of your layer are not perfectly aligned to the pixel grid they will be antialiased.  I am assuming that layers 13 and 14 are causing the problem and that they are scaled and repositioned. You have applied Screen and Add blend modes to those layers so if the edge of the frame on either of those layers is not 100% black you are going to get gray edges when they are anti-aliased. The easiest fix is to apply curves to those layers and drag the black point to the right a little. To preserve the look you could select the Rectangular Tool, double-click the layer to add a layer sized mask to the layer, change the mask to subtract, shrink the mask a few pixels using a minus value for the mask, then set the compositing options for curves to use the mask. Here's an extreme example of that. A poorly created gradient filled shape with a bad edge that is exaggerated so you can clearly see the problem, a mask applied, curves applied and the compositing options set to use the mask so the Curves Effect turn the gray edges black and the composite is now fixed. The Before and After Comps are identical except for the Mask.

Screenshot_2020-08-16 12.35.09_hXDzoA.png

In the future, select the layer that is giving you problems, press the 'u' key twice to reveal all the modified properties, and we can be sure that we give you the right advice. I'm pretty sure that it's nothing more than edges that are not black because the layers were scaled and repositioned or because you added some color correction that fouled up the edges.

Another possible fix is to just pre-compose the overlay layers with the blend mode set to normal, then apply the blend mode to the pre-comp. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for you're great response but even if I just delete the troubling layers they just stay. Its like they where burned into the footage. And those squares are more of a dashed line squares (so not from the footage it self but more like if you select something that border dashed line thing appears but if you select something else it normaly disappears but in my case it doesn't).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0