• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Applying RED camera movement metadata to XYZ positions in After Effects

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I'm running some tests for a shoot next week.  The camera crew sent me a gyro data from the RED -W Helium camera.  The data file format is in CSV.  Is there a way to apply these XYZ acceleration and rotation values to After Effects' position, rotation, and orientation values?  The goal is to see if we can apply motion tracking from the RED-W helium camera metadata in after effects for compositing as an alternative solution from applying tracking marks for complex camera movement. 

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 11.53.00 AM.png

TOPICS
Expressions , How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can edit the data in an Excel sheet. Create an AE project that meets your requirements with at least one layer and the relevant properties with at least one keyframe, select the stuff and copy & paste it to Excel. Use the skeleton as a template to insert your custom data. Of course your position values will have to be normalized/ multiplied to produce usable pixel-based values in AE. When you're done, select the Excel data and paste it back as keyframe data in AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tip! I'll try that out! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines