• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Issue: Background Music but NO Voice/Vocal

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have footage that contains both music and dialogue, however when I start a new composition with the footage.. the preview only plays the background music but not the dialogue. I am fairly new to After Effects and this is so far an issue that I am unable to fix. I loaded the footage into Premiere and the audio is fine and working properly. I even messed around with the audio channels switching back and forth from mono to stereo and importing it into after effects but it is no use. Is there a viable solution that can help me solve this problem! Please help me!

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the stereo mix. Check the waveform and the VU meters in the Audio Panel. Let us know what the format of the video is. It sounds like a poor mix or a non-provessionsl recording could possibly be the problem, or if you see the voice over in the VU Meters and the Waveform but you can't hear it in AE, your audio settings or audio hardware may be the problem. If all else fails, open the clip in Audition and fix the audio problem there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your reply. The voiceover is not showing up in the VU meters or the Waveform on after effects. What are the steps to fixing it in Audition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably a multi-channel audio file.  You need to create a stero mixdown for After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, thank you for your reply. How am I able to create a stereo mixdown? I am fairly new to after effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines