• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-Trace Channel Options

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody have an explanation for how to select a channel when using auto-trace? I don't see any real explanations out there except to say "it depends what the source is". I'm trying to auto-trace a logo that is a png and I used Alpha..but I get the animation without the actual logo being used..just the shape of the logo..but not the logo itself.

TOPICS
How to , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you trying to do? Auto Trace creates a new white solid layer with masks. You can use that layer as a track matte for the logo layer. It sounds like you need to type "auto trace" in the search help field at the top right corner of AE and check the user guide. It probably would also do you some good to check out the User Guide. Soloing layers in your comp and exploring the modified properties of a layer by pressing the 'u' key twice is also a good way to learn what is happening in your comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm just trying to animate a logo. Looks very similar to this: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/how-to/animate-logo-tips.html

But the logo was created in blender and saved as a .png.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You simply may have wrong expectations. AE's tracing is terrible with figuring out complex shapes that have holes (compound paths) or non-contiguous paths. I mean this feature hasn't been touched in over 15 years and at this point is hopelessly outdated. That and of course your workflow may simply not be ideal to begin with. Chances are you might get much better results by cleanly re-drawing the mask paths and/ or having it traced in Illustrator and then copying over the paths. in any case, without seeing your logo nobody can advise specifically, so at least provide a screenshot.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You can use the Invert plugin installed as standard in AE.

1. Search for Invert in Effect & Presets window. It is located in the Channel section of the list.

2. Drag the effect to apply it to the PNG.

3. Change the Effect Controls for the Effect - Invert - Channel from the default RGB to Alpha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines