• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black vertical Bars in square video.

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i add my rendered MP4 file to twitter which has been set up in 1:1 ratio of 1080px by 1080px, it shows the black vertical bars when i dont want this to appear. The same goes for Facebook.

I noticed that others are showing a full square without black vertical borders. What am i doing wrong?

I have attached examples.

Thank You

Bryan

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use the toolbar to embed images. The linked file option doesn't work.

My guess, if the media player doesn't add a border to the images then it's twitter problem. If they show up you could have a bit of transparency on the edges which will render as black when compressed. You can check the edges in AE by setting the Magnification factor way up and carefully checking the edges. This could also be a pixel aspect ratio problem. The comp should be set to square pixels.

Nobody can know for sure unless we see detailed screenshots that show enough information so we can see the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This happens when you see in full screen or directly in the Twitter thread? Because if it is in full screen it would be normal, because the current screens are practically all 16: 9 or some small variation. If your video is square it will be seen in Letterbox or Pillarbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines