• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank error when trying to run After Effects

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to run the Japanese version of After Effects CC2015 or CC2017 on my English Windows 10.

I have tried:

A. Creating a ae_force_japanese.txt file just as Alan Eddie mentioned

Result: Nothing different happens when I launch AE

B. Uninstalling After Effects, changing my CC App Language in the preferences and reinstalling

Result: After Effects launches with a blank error and runs incredibly slow (in English)

ae_lang_error.jpg

Would be greatful for any help on this,

Mike Sevigny

http://www.torusmedialabs.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Thank you for the reply. I spent a bit more time on it before coming back to the forum and came up with a solution. Something I should have known is that you need to install the Japanese language on English Windows for anything to work. This is likely the cause of the blank error message, no characters to display. Then After Effects would launch anyway and revert back to default English(?).

What worked for me under Windows 10 (English):

1. Uninstall After Effects

2. Go to Windows Settings > Time &

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling, running the Adobe CC Cleaner tool, and then reinstalling.

Also, try to just install AE 14.0 and don't update it to 14.1. See if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I spent a bit more time on it before coming back to the forum and came up with a solution. Something I should have known is that you need to install the Japanese language on English Windows for anything to work. This is likely the cause of the blank error message, no characters to display. Then After Effects would launch anyway and revert back to default English(?).

What worked for me under Windows 10 (English):

1. Uninstall After Effects

2. Go to Windows Settings > Time & Language > Region & Language

lang_settings.jpg

3. Install the language you want ('+ Add a language')

4. Click on the language and 'Set as default'

5. Reboot (Windows will boot in the new language)

6. Install After Effects again

I was able to install After Effects CC2017 in English and CC2015 in Japanese using this method. You can switch back and forth by setting one or the other as default and rebooting.

Thanks again for the reply, Szalam.

I don't know if your solution would have worked but I'll keep that in mind for the future. It's definitely something to try before hitting the forums.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing what worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The blank screen bug should be fixed in the update that released today. See Tim's post about it here. The After Effects CC 2017 update to version 14.2 is rolling out worldwide. It may take a day or so to show up for you depending on where you live. You also may need to log out and back in to your CC app or other funky things to get it to show up.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines