• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find the Track Mask option

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently running After Effects CC v14.2.1.34 and am trying to track a mask to background footage using a video I found here. Around 2:48 in the video, they right-click Mask 1 and the "Track Mask" option appears, but it doesn't appear for me here.

issue.png

Am I doing something wrong or was there a change recently? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

If you are trying to replace a face, you have to do it a different way.

Try this tutorial: Face replacement with mocha from David Torno | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Or, if you don't want to have to mess with Mocha, just use AE's point tracker, apply that tracking data to a null object, and then parent your new face to the null.

You can learn more about motion tracking in After Effects here: Tracking and stabilization motion workflows in After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As further information, I am tracking a facemask to replace another person's face.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your layer is a still image, so there is nothing to track. tracking is applied to the video, not the layer being attached.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are trying to replace a face, you have to do it a different way.

Try this tutorial: Face replacement with mocha from David Torno | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Or, if you don't want to have to mess with Mocha, just use AE's point tracker, apply that tracking data to a null object, and then parent your new face to the null.

You can learn more about motion tracking in After Effects here: Tracking and stabilization motion workflows in After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bro don't worry I found the solution:

- Duplicate the original video

- Draw (or copy and paste if you already drew) a mask on the duplicate and right click > track mask

- After tracking, copy and paste the mask to the image you wanted the mask to be in the first place

- Then delete the mask from the duplicate and the duplicate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines