Highlighted

Can't move anchor point with the Y key (layer below is selected)...

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

I know how to move the anchor point of an object, it's Y key and drag the anchor point.

But since a little while, when I try to move an anchor point that is outside of an object (but above an other), when I want to clic on the anchor point to drag it, it select an other layer.

It's like if the anchor point is not selectable, and the layer that is below is selected.

Any idea ?

Thank's !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't move anchor point with the Y key (layer below is selected)...

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

I know how to move the anchor point of an object, it's Y key and drag the anchor point.

But since a little while, when I try to move an anchor point that is outside of an object (but above an other), when I want to clic on the anchor point to drag it, it select an other layer.

It's like if the anchor point is not selectable, and the layer that is below is selected.

Any idea ?

Thank's !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that happends - that is weird. If you have your anchor point outside of an object and above other - you should be able to move your anchor point without any issues.

But without going throug with trying to figure out what is happening in your composition you can always quickly go back to your anchor point being in the middle of your layer. For that:
- select your layer
- double tap on pen behind tool penbehind.jpg while pressing CTRL on your keyboard - that should put anchor point in the middle of your layer
- or if you wish to move your layer to your anchor point - double tap without CTRL

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank's imeilfx.

But it doesn't work ...

Even with a right clic on the layer, and >Transform>Center Anchor Point in Layer Content, nothing is happening ...

But maybe there is a secret option checked, or unchecked that I don't know ...

I just tried to activate only the good layer, and hide other layers, but same problem ... It deselect the layer, and no way to  use the Pan Behind.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's weird.
Did you try rebooting (turn of/on)) AE?
Did you try to clear cache (Edit>Purge>All Memory and Cache)?
Do you have any shy layers in your composition?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I reboot the computer, AE, and clear all memory and cache ...

But nothing happening

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to make separate new project and fresh composition and try to recreate that situation with 2 simple layers/solids. If everything will work as it should - we will know that it is not AE issue but composition issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, everything works perfect on CC18, but not on CC17 ...

I don't know why because I use more often CC17, and everything worked very well so far ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I just try to do what you suggest. A make a new project in CC17, and try to create the same situation I had, whith solids. And everything works perfectly.

It seems to be a bug on my comp ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if this anchor point is linked to other parameter with expression so it's impossible to be able to move it, so be sure to check if there are any expression for this anchor point.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OussK outrun me with that advice. Now when you know that it is not issue with software you have to check if there is anything that is blocking/locking anchor point in that pace. Any expressions, any applied scripts or pressets and so on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was no expression. It was just the beginning of my work on this new project.

And I just imported a PSD with each layers in a comp. I didn't have time to do more than this import before this bug... (and try to move the anchor ... nothing more)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you post any screen cast to see how this anchor point are locked?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a whole year later, but maybe this will help someone else: change your layout.

The stuck anchor point thing in AE and stuck clips in Premiere - for me, gets "unstuck" when I just change the window layout. Not sure how/why but glad it does!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, it may be a bug, but the way around it is to turn off 'Continuous Rasterize' the sun icon on your layer. For some reason, that sometimes gets in the way of changing your anchor points. After changing your anchor, you can turn it back on. I notice it seems to happpen most often with PSD layers. Hope this helps. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the layer is selected in the timeline and you choose the Anchor Point tool (y) the layer should stay selected. I cannot find any situation where another layer is selected. If no layer is selected in the timeline clicking in the comp panel can select the wrong layer and often does.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines