Highlighted

Can't open After Effects due to the following message: 'photoshop library operation failed...'

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, can't open my After Effects project. I imported some PSD files into After Effects and now I can't get into project when I re-open project.

After Effects (2020) 

V17.0.4

iMac - Catalina 10.15.3

Photoshop version 21.1.0

Getting the below message when opening my AE file.

'The photoshop library operation failed because the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop.'

Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.39.33 am.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.39.39 am.png

Anyone had a similiar experience with the latest update???

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't open After Effects due to the following message: 'photoshop library operation failed...'

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, can't open my After Effects project. I imported some PSD files into After Effects and now I can't get into project when I re-open project.

After Effects (2020) 

V17.0.4

iMac - Catalina 10.15.3

Photoshop version 21.1.0

Getting the below message when opening my AE file.

'The photoshop library operation failed because the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop.'

Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.39.33 am.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.39.39 am.png

Anyone had a similiar experience with the latest update???

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 12, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Have you tried creating a new project and importing your existing one in it? Did it help? Are you having this issue with all the After Effects projects which contain a PSD?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this? I'm having the same problem, I can't access any of my recent AE files, any helped would be really appreciated!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've solved the problem, apparently the PS temp files can be pretty big, so if you add another drive to the PS scratch disk it may work, I can now successfully open my AE files!

Photoshop > Preferences > Scratch Disks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020 1
nemecic LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg it was that easy I cant believe I spent all this time trying to find out what was going on. 

Open After Effects >  Edit > Purge > All Memory & Disk Cache

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 1