Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change language without reinstalling?

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

Does anyone know if there's a way to change the default language of After Effects without uninstalling and reinstalling? I've found tons of articles on how to do it with older versions, but none of them are current.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Hello:

Thank you. I tried that, but unfortunately that only affects MacOS/Finder, but not After Effects. I just re-installed after all. I tried searching everywhere for a different solution, but it seems that there's no way to change the language in CC like you used to be able to in CS. Oh well. Re-installing wasn't that bad. I was just trying to avoid the hassle, but it worked out okay.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW This worked!! And so simple. Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU DUDE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's working great. The only problem is, after every update you have to do it again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It worked nicely.

btw: You don't have to change the txt file name into anything. As long as you change the txt file in your language's folder into anything else, it works.

Apparently if AE doesn't find the right txt file in installed language folder it defaults to English.

So, my file was "after_effects_es_ES.txt" (Spanish from Spain). I changed it to "after_effects_es_ES - WoopityDoo.txt" and, done! After Effects is in now English. Great!

Thanks again!

PS:

For a lark, I tried copying another language txt file into "my" folder to see if I can change from any language to any other language with this method but, no...

I copied "after_effects_fr_FR.txt" into the "es_ES" folder and instead of getting AE in French I still got English

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great worked. Thank u so much !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect. Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is another trick i ytry it in my computer and it work as well

1. GO to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2017\Support Files\AMT
  2. Edit the file application.xml with notepad++ 
  3. Replace the install languages to language you want (key="installedLanguages">en_EN)
  4. Restart your adobe effect CC

Don't forget to like 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines