• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CIDFont, CMap and Font Folder

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated AE to 17.0.3 today and now when I open a project it creates 3 Folders CIDFont, CMap and Font each containing a .lst file. Do these have a purpose?

When I open a project within AE these folders will not be created.

Is there an option to not create these folders, like it was until today?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Hi all,

This issue has been fixed in After Effects 17.0.6. Please update your app and let us know if it doesn't resolve your issue.

For details, visit the fixed issues page.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, please help us! Thx 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem, what is it for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the problem recently, probably since the last update. I often work with Photoshop, InDesign and Illustratror.
I can tell which program is causing this, but possibly the CC software?
The folders are always created automatically in the Win 10 user document folder. Is annoying 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These folders end up on my desktop when using Photoshop on a Windows 10 machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem in PSCC 21.1.0.

Have never seen this before the latest update several days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue and will be fixed in a future update. You can safely remove these folders in the meantime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really can't understand why don't you check the result of your updates before you make them available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure they do. It's incredibly difficult to account for every scenario that might happen when you're making software. Something like this is minor and doesn't cause damage, so it's harder to catch than something that is more apparent, like causing your computer to crash, for example.

If you don't want to wait, revert back to the last version from Creative Cloud and the problem will stop for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened to me after updating the the latest version of Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest updates everything works fine for me again (Win10 and Id, Ai, Dw, Ps). Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated AE to 17.0.4 today but it unfortunately hasnt't fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the CC version I have:

screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's annoying that these folders appear all the time, everywhere i have Adobe files...

Any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem--and I checked on updates 5 minutes before posting this and am currently completely up to date on all my CC programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the problem that the folders appear from time to time. I have updated the latest software versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

17.0.4. on Windows 10 Pro 1909 those three folders are still created  a lot. 

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're aware of this issue and are working on it. Meanwhile, check out the workaround here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/after-effects/kb/known-issues-after-effects.html

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't even open after effects to get these folders to create. I used an essential graphic from my CC library in premiere that contained text.

Using Premiere Pro 14.0.3 and After Effects 17.0.4

Edit: Deleting the folders after closing Premiere then reopening the project will recreate them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects isn't the only one having this problem, but it's possible that your MOGRTs are using Dynamic Link (maybe they have third-party plug-ins or something else that requires After Effects to be installed, rather than being all native elements that can render directly in Premiere?) so this isn't that surprising.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder how this passed QA, since the misfunction is so obviously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given that other apps are experiencing the same thing it seems likely that this was an implementation of something new or updated across multiple apps, rather than from just one team. We never know how complicated an issue is or what gets prioritized; but think of your mobile apps, how many updates do you get a week for those? Sometimes I'll see two updates in the same week for an app (but of course those are much smaller than these Adobe apps), so bugs and mistakes happen all the time, that's just a fact of developement and releasing on a rapid scale. In the grand scheme of things this is an annoying issue, but it's not harmful, and the teams are now aware of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Today is Thursday March 12, 2020, and the issue you presented has not been corrected yet. I work with PsCC and AiCC extensively and these random folders—CIDFont; CMap; Font—keep appearing on my desktop. I delete them. They show up. Repeat. Over. And. Over.

There have been updates to PsCC and AiCC since your post of February 20, 2020, but it appears that this glitch has not been corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

March 19 and still not fixed. No comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines