• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Double clicking on a composition doesn't open the timeline panel

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently set up a 3-monitor edit system, and have created a new "Workspace" to capitalize on the new real estate I now have to work within.  After creating the workspace, I proceeded to double click on a composition (any composition) in the Project panel.  Under normal circumstances, using any other Workspace template, this action results in the Timeline panel opening within a window (usually the same window as the Render Queue panel shows up in), as well as, the Composition panel opening in a new window.  However, not this time.  For whatever reason - with this new Workspace I've created -  I double click on a composition now, and the only result is the composition Panel opens.  The Timeline panel is nowhere to be found.  

Is there a reason why the Timeline panel option isn't available in the Window dropdown menu?  Otherwise, how do I resolve this little conundrum?

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

What happens if you press show timeline:
MONITOR 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without exact info about your configuration nobody can tell you much. Could simply be that you are exhausting hardware resources and acceleration functions fail to draw yet another panel.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Bryon's thread - tried answering you there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am assuming that you have un-docked your Timeline or your Composition panel and moved it to a third monitor.  Make sure that the panel is not locked. If that doesn't fix the problem we need to see the layout and know more details. As Mylenium said, system info will help us help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Byron's thread - tried answering you there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what happens if you click on the timeline but from this area? or does not appear any Timeline there?

Captura de pantalla 2021-01-16 a la(s) 12.45.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should've said this at the outset - I'm aware I can choose "All Panels" under the Windows dropdown as an option for re-building the workspace from scratch.  However, I'm more concerned with how to locate the Timline panel, specifically, once it disappears on me.  Will try to give some more specific system information.

Byron,

I've provided the equivalent screen grab of the menu you asked for (and from the monitor where the timeline should be.  Also, I've provided full monitor grabs for all of you to see what I'm looking at.

Mylenium & Rick,

If you're looking for me to tell you something more specific, please let me know what it is.  In the meantime, here's what I'm working with:

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

Big Sur v11.1MONITOR 1.pngMONITOR 2.pngMONITOR 3.pngWindow Drop Down Menu.png

After Effects v17.6.0

Hopefully, the screen grabs tell you more about the configuration as I have it set up on the three monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you press show timeline:
MONITOR 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect.  Resolved.  Thank you @Ali Jaber 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines