Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export with Alpha - Big Sur

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

I'm doing animations for a bigger project. I need to give files with transparancy to the editor so she can put it directly on Final Cut (not my choice).

I export it as quicktime RGB + Alpha.

Everything worked fine until I updated my Mac to the newest version (BigSur 11.1).

I used to open the .mov file with quicktime and convert it and it would play. Now I have an error message.

Anybody know how to convert theses files now ? Or export in another way ?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Probably you are using a not supported codec for render inside AE, this is why QT Player cannot open your file. Adobe dropped support for older QT codecs. Try to render as a Quicktime movie RGB+Alpha and choose Apple ProRes 4444 for exporting. Then, you will not have any problem importing the file in FInal Cut Pro and using in your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Create a new Lossless With Alpha Output Module template and choose Cineware or ProRez 444 and change the color option to Straight. The animation codec is very old, creates huge files, doesn't compress or decompress as well as either of those codecs. The Animation Codec is now deprecated and no longer being supported by Apple or just about anybody else. Adobe was just a little behind the curve with their presets.

You can get to the Output Module presets by choosing the Edit/Templates/Output Mod

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What error message are you getting?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture d’écran, le 2021-01-18 à 16.06.50.png

I'ts in french. 

The document "lien_recette_bleu.mov" could not be open

The file is not compatible with QuickTime Player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably you are using a not supported codec for render inside AE, this is why QT Player cannot open your file. Adobe dropped support for older QT codecs. Try to render as a Quicktime movie RGB+Alpha and choose Apple ProRes 4444 for exporting. Then, you will not have any problem importing the file in FInal Cut Pro and using in your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot ! Worked perfect !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new Lossless With Alpha Output Module template and choose Cineware or ProRez 444 and change the color option to Straight. The animation codec is very old, creates huge files, doesn't compress or decompress as well as either of those codecs. The Animation Codec is now deprecated and no longer being supported by Apple or just about anybody else. Adobe was just a little behind the curve with their presets.

You can get to the Output Module presets by choosing the Edit/Templates/Output Module menu and then edit any of the presets or create new ones. I have not had the Animation codes listed in any of my Templates for a long time. You can do the same thing if you are using the Adobe Media Encoder to render your video with an alpha channel. Just edit and save or create a new preset. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ! Always nice to know how to work properly ! Worked perfect 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG! Thank you so much. I was near the HAMMER phase on this one. Until I typed in Big Sur in my search.  Doing this helped because it wasn't even giving me a "Lossless" option in the menu.  WHEW!! Frustrating.  Thank YOU!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines