• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glitchy preview on a Macbook Pro 16" in After Effects 2020

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody. Hope you're having a good day...

I've recently bought the new macbook pro 16" but when I opened After effect 2020, the preview was glitchy as hell ; like you can't see anything you're working on... 

The 2019 version of After effect is still working on my new baby but there are issues about links between the other 2020's softwares (Pr, MediaEncoder, ...)

I heard about screen frequency issue or BPC difference that can cause all these problems..

Maybe someone has the answer ? or is it an already known subject ?
Thank you in advance for your help. Very much appreciated !

Yours, THEO

TOPICS
Error or problem , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Hi THEO.

Thanks for reaching out. We are aware of the preview issues on MacBook Pro with After Effects. The After Effects engineering team is working on a fix and it is expected to be fixed in the upcoming release. In the meantime, you can try turning On the Ruler as suggested in this post.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

NKush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi THEO.

Thanks for reaching out. We are aware of the preview issues on MacBook Pro with After Effects. The After Effects engineering team is working on a fix and it is expected to be fixed in the upcoming release. In the meantime, you can try turning On the Ruler as suggested in this post.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

NKush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu_Kush !

Thank you very much for redirecting me toward this post.

I tried to activate the ruler and it worked !

thank you again and have a good day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is now fixed in version 17.0.1! A fix for premiere is next I hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Now I'm considering between PC, iMac and Macbook Pro to use After Effects to edit and render.

Is it good to choose Macbook to do it smooth?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm not sure you are on the good topic but never mind...

The smoothness of workflow is not a question of PC or Mac, it's more about the performance of your system.
Adobe's softwares will work the same on both machines.

So if you have a lot of money to spend I think you should get a Macbook pro or iMac (min of 16gb ram, SSD inside, i7 as least and a good GPU) to have a good workflow.
But if you dont't want to spend 3K for your machine you should build your own PC with appropriate composants. You'll be more flexible regarding to your budget.

To conclude, I think the big difference is design, user interface and price and I think that a Mac live longer than a PC.

I hope it helped you.

Have a good day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your advice.

Have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am still having issues with a Proress 4444 12bit clip from an ALEXA camera. When I use a Lumetri Color in combination with zooming the clip. Turning on Rulers doesn't help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines