Highlighted

how do i make a triangle grid like the one in this vid

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for watching! This is a remastered version of my previous Empire Ants visual. I wasn't satisfied with it due to it's lower quality and cutting a lot o...
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

how do i make a triangle grid like the one in this vid

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for watching! This is a remastered version of my previous Empire Ants visual. I wasn't satisfied with it due to it's lower quality and cutting a lot o...
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 21, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing complicated in there. The grid is clearly just drawn/ constructed and used as a matte. Any responses to the music and the general animated variation can easily be done using a bit of sampleImage() expression code to modify the luminance of the matte based e.g. on a simple Fractal Noise and occasionally other shapes to highlight a specific sub-set of the triangles.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of any standard plugins that will generate a triangular pattern but you can create one with a Shape layer and a couple of repeaters and then add some masking. The random color changes can also be achieved, but it is a bit of a pain.

Screenshot_2020-05-21 23.57.07_oPBB4s.png

If you carefully study the screenshot you will see everything that I modified on the shape layer. 

I'm pretty sure there are 3rd party plug-ins or scripts that will generate this kind of pattern.

You could also set up some expressions to automatically position a shape layer triangle and randomize the colors so you could use them as a track matte. It would take me more time than I have to write that expression tonight but it would involve using sourceRectAtTime(), outer radius, position, and scale properties to position the duplicate shapes. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 1