Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to batch set proxies?

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guys,

So i have to import about 30 videos into AFX, all 4K. Made proxies with media encoder. Imported original files

into AFX, problem is i can only link them to the proxies one at a time. Anybody knows a way where i could indicate

to AFX to search for a folder and then batch set the proxies all in one go?

Hope this makes sense. thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible. Proxies by definition have no intrinsic magic, so AE doesn't assume anything here since even a still or a thumbnail video not even related to the content can be used. The only automatisms come through AE's own render queueu when the "Set proxy" option is used, which it will be automatically if you create a proxy using a right click in the project window. Everything else requires a script or manual labour and frankly if it's really a mere 30 videos, you could have done it already in the time it took to write your post. If this is a recurring requirement optimize your workflows as described. Some pre-existing scripts can be found here:

Proxies - Automation - After Effects - aescripts + aeplugins - aescripts.com

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might work?

CreateProxies  - aescripts + aeplugins - aescripts.com

Personally I think you could have an intelligent proxy system with a Watched Proxy folder...and a scripted auto switching proxies - for example
If the comp is called TestComp

A designated proxy folder - for example (footage)/Proxies/

If there is a mov in there called
TestComp_P.mov AND it's the correct Length and FPS then the Proxy takes over

The Proxy switch on the Timeline appear perhaps in RED to show it's a AutoProxy

If you delete the movie file from the folder - AutoProxy Switches off.

Simple!
Could even have Multiple Versions! TestComp_P_01.mov

TestComp_P_02.mov

with a drop down to select the proxy you want to use

I use FULL res proxies for fast rendering.. of a final piece - rarely use half res or anything. GPU and decent speeds seem to have done away with the need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an easy fix for you which I think will work,
though each proxy needs to have the same name as the original media it is replacing.

Open a premiere project,
import all the original media
select them all, Right Click -> Proxy->Attach Proxy,
then you can select one proxy and the others will follow suit.

After this, select all the clips,
drag them to the sequence area to create new sequence,
then select all the clips on the timeline and Right Click -> Replace with After Effect Composition.
Then in AE you will have what you want - all the media imported with proxies to match
You can delete the premiere project and the after effect composition it created!

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that but did not connect proxies, a had to do one by one, and I had a lot of clips 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did not work - in attaching multiple proxies in premiere, of in importing the proxies to after effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AeScripts has this "Pay as much as you want or nothing" script I just found: https://aescripts.com/createproxies/
I just tested it under cc19 even though it says not supported ant it worked well so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines