I have an intro/outro composition in one After Effects project that I am importing to a new After Effects project. The individual layers for the imported comp are not showing up in the timeline of the new project when I select the comp. This is what I'm doing:
1. Select the comp to export in first project
2. File, Dependencies, Collect Files
3. In the dialog box select "Collect Source Files" to "For Selected Comps", check "Reduce Project", click the "Collect" radio button and save the file.
4. In the second project, right click in the project window and import the the exported file.
5. Click on the imported comp and the layers should show up in the timeline.
For me, the individual layers for the imported comp don't show up when I click on it. And, if I click and drag the comp from the project panel to the timeline, I only get one layer for the entire comp.