Highlighted

Imported composition not showing up in new project timeline

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have an intro/outro composition in one After Effects project that I am importing to a new After Effects project. The individual layers for the imported comp are not showing up in the timeline of the new project when I select the comp. This is what I'm doing:

1. Select the comp to export in first project

2. File, Dependencies, Collect Files

3. In the dialog box select "Collect Source Files" to "For Selected Comps", check "Reduce Project", click the "Collect" radio button and save the file.

4. In the second project, right click in the project window and import the the exported file.

5. Click on the imported comp and the layers should show up in the timeline.

For me, the individual layers for the imported comp don't show up when I click on it. And, if I click and drag the comp from the project panel to the timeline, I only get one layer for the entire comp.

What am I missing?

Ah. Nevermind. Double clicking on the imported comp in the project panel opens all of the layers in the timeline. Duh.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Imported composition not showing up in new project timeline

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have an intro/outro composition in one After Effects project that I am importing to a new After Effects project. The individual layers for the imported comp are not showing up in the timeline of the new project when I select the comp. This is what I'm doing:

1. Select the comp to export in first project

2. File, Dependencies, Collect Files

3. In the dialog box select "Collect Source Files" to "For Selected Comps", check "Reduce Project", click the "Collect" radio button and save the file.

4. In the second project, right click in the project window and import the the exported file.

5. Click on the imported comp and the layers should show up in the timeline.

For me, the individual layers for the imported comp don't show up when I click on it. And, if I click and drag the comp from the project panel to the timeline, I only get one layer for the entire comp.

What am I missing?

Ah. Nevermind. Double clicking on the imported comp in the project panel opens all of the layers in the timeline. Duh.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0