• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Liquify tool stops working throughout CC2019 project

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 employees having this same issue on separate projects/machines; when Liquify is used on multiple layers in CC2019, at some point it just stops working in the entire project, i.e. when a brush tool is selected, the mouse stays as the default pointer instead of turning into a brush (though other settings like Percentage can still be changed on the existing effect). Subsequent Liquify effects on new layers, within new compositions, etc, completely stop letting brushes be selected also, meaning that Liquify just stops working across the entire project. I've never seen this in CC2018 or earlier. Does anyone know a fix for this? Playing around with memory, GPU, etc, doesn't seem to help. I'm wary of CC2020 as we were running into corrupted projects that were destroying all of our work. Thank you!!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, try to reset After Effects (ctrl, alt + sgift while opening the program)
Try to delete Media Cache Files

or reinstall the program.

It doesnt have any sense.
best regrads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly none of these solutions are fixing it. It's something happening within the project itself; even if we open a buggy project on a different machine and/or AE application, the bug persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue and would love to know if you came up with a solution its working normally and then just suddenly stops and stays as the mouse pointer. I need to use the tool for a this project and I am completly unable to finnish it due to this bug. Any support would be really appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue and would love to know if you came up with a solution its working normally and then just suddenly stops and stays as the mouse pointer. I need to use the tool for a this project and I am completely unable to finish it due to this bug. Any support would be really appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, no -- the only "solution" that we've been able to find is to restart the entire project from scratch and hope that it doesn't happen again. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The solution I came up with is to create a new project and do all the Liquify work in that project and then import what you have done into your original project. Yes this work around is annoying but its the only way to use the liquify effect properly if this bug continues. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines