Highlighted

Meme face replacement

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm new with after effects and all I want is to make face replacement (static meme faces) on videos of my friends to share on our soccer Whatsapp group. There is no need to be professional at all (quite contrary) the only requirement is to be funny lol

So my question is:

1) there is some tutorial to do that without buying plugins and complex stuff ? I found a tutorial on "AE FACE TOOLS" but it is a paid plugin.

2) how can i save it with small size (less than 15mb) so i can share via whatsapp ? every preset on premiere and AE seems to generate big files for professional purposes.

Thank you,

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Meme face replacement

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm new with after effects and all I want is to make face replacement (static meme faces) on videos of my friends to share on our soccer Whatsapp group. There is no need to be professional at all (quite contrary) the only requirement is to be funny lol

So my question is:

1) there is some tutorial to do that without buying plugins and complex stuff ? I found a tutorial on "AE FACE TOOLS" but it is a paid plugin.

2) how can i save it with small size (less than 15mb) so i can share via whatsapp ? every preset on premiere and AE seems to generate big files for professional purposes.

Thank you,

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 30, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the online help on basics like layer transform animation and basic 2D tracking or if you need even face tracking. No need for any plug-ins. The file size thing requires understanding how compression works and which settings affect what. No simple way to learn this based on textbook knowledge. You have to experiment around. Contrrary to your impression, though, there is no reason why some of the presets should only produce large files and outside that every aspect of the encoders can be tweaked, which just like learning the other things is merely a matter of actually reading the help and looking up a bit of generic info/ tutorials on the Internet to work up an understanding of data rates, different MPEG sub-sets and encoding levels and so on. Also merely reducing the dimensions will have a huge impact on this. I don't think you would ever want to actually share 4k video via WhatsApp or similar...

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick answer for question 1:

Use Track Motion in the Tracker panel while the video with the face that you want to track is selected and then use Edit Target... in the Tracker panel to select the Layer that is the replacement as the Motion Target.

AE Tracker Track Motion Motion Target.png

For your exports, visit the following AE Tutorials page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/tutorials.html

Then, scroll down to Export from After Effects course.

While there's nothing WhatsApp specific, the Facebook setting should work fine.  Basically, you want to Export from After Effects by adding your Comp to the Adobe Media Encoder Queue (Composition > Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue...) and the exporting to Format: H264 and Setting: Match Source - High Bitrate.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0