Highlighted

Mettle Freeform vs Trapcode MIR

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm hoping to create some depth in some of my photography. Been looking at couple plugins to generate 3d mesh from 2d: Freeform and Trapcode MIR.

I'm curious if anyone can tell me what is the difference between these two plugins, which one is better and why?

Thank you

Ed

TOPICS
FAQ, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mettle Freeform vs Trapcode MIR

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm hoping to create some depth in some of my photography. Been looking at couple plugins to generate 3d mesh from 2d: Freeform and Trapcode MIR.

I'm curious if anyone can tell me what is the difference between these two plugins, which one is better and why?

Thank you

Ed

TOPICS
FAQ, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely different plug-ins. Freeform pro generates a true 3D layer that can be bent, rolled up, or deformed with displacement maps and still retain all of the pixels. 

MIR creates 3D meshes comprised of points that can represent pixels but do not use the original pixels as the surface. In fact, there is not surface, there is just a 3D mesh 

The best plugin to use depends on the look you are trying to achieve.

One of my favorite Freeform tutorials:

You can even download the media for the project on Vimeo. You can't do that at all with MIR.

This is what you do with MIR. https://www.redgiant.com/tutorial/whats-new-in-trapcode-mir-2/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020 0