Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Couldn't find main entry point for camera raw"

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I have been trying to gain access into AfterEffects , I updated my Mac , and updated Aftereffects and reinstalled twice now and every time I try and get into after effects , I am met with an After effects alert saying " Couldn't find main entry point for Camera Raw.plugin (48 :: 72) and then when I click okay I am met with another After effects alert saying "Unbalanced unprep (48 :: 30 )

" If anyone could please please help me with getting back into affter effects I would appareciate it so much !!! I have to get work done and I cannot find anything online.. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Hi Jordank46535195,

We have observed an issue where in the users on Mac OS 10.14 are getting the option to update to Camera Raw 12.0 version and once they install it, they are getting File not Found error while opening images in Photoshop and it is also affecting After Effects and throwing the error mentioned above. The issue is reported. In the meantime the workaround is to download Camera Raw 11.4.1 from the below Global English link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, hopefully someone answers back swiftly because I'm near a deadline on a project I'm working on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get notifications before saying your disc cache was almost full??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020 is supposed to be compatible with Catalina but none of the other versions of AE are. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does that mean? Have you any idea how I can fix this 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jordank46535195,

We have observed an issue where in the users on Mac OS 10.14 are getting the option to update to Camera Raw 12.0 version and once they install it, they are getting File not Found error while opening images in Photoshop and it is also affecting After Effects and throwing the error mentioned above. The issue is reported. In the meantime the workaround is to download Camera Raw 11.4.1 from the below Global English link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Direct link for Camera Raw 11.4 for Mac OS 10.12 - http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshop/cameraraw/mac/11.x/CameraRaw_11_4_1_mac.dmg

Install Camera Raw 10.5 for Mac OS 10.11 in case user reports the same issue on Mac 10.11

NOTE : Please DON’T use this link which to install Camera Raw 11.4 which is for India locale as it would start download Camera Raw 12.0. This link would be fixed soon

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vinay, 

I tried to download this link and unfortunatrly it has said that MAC OS Version 10.13 or later is required, and I have MAC OS 10:12:6 .. Have you any idea what i could do ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it working Thank you Vinay! I just dwonloaded the camera raw link from OS 10:12 and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, how did you do to install the raw camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this worked for me too. Thanks for the solution Vinay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 10.13.6 and have the exact same problem.  Hope this fix works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YES!  This fixed the problem for me running High Sierra 10.13.6.  Thank You!  I was down for the cound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines