Highlighted

Rendering Error - AEGP Plugin PNGIO Support...

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to render a video in After Effects and I keep getting an error at the same place 0:12:12 (after multiple attempts at rendering it) that the rendering has failed due to error:

After Effects: AEGP Plugin PNGIO Support: PNGIO library error: IDAT: CRC error (5027:: 12)

I’ve rendered this video before with no issues so I’m puzzled as to why it’s all of a sudden giving me an error. The only thing I did different was remove a photo and place a new photo in its place.

I tried the following remedy to fix the error with no luck:

1. I removed the image (a jpg) at the place that my rendering failed at (12:12) thinking that maybe that image was corrupt. Then I rendered the video again. This didn't work. I still had it fail at the same place as before.

2. I tried importing a new jpg into the composition and got the following error: "the source file has a bad header. Please check that it is a valid file (86::1)"

3.  I removed the jpg and tried resaving that image as a png instead of a jpg in case it was something to do with the file type. I imported the png and rendered it again. It still failed at the same place in the video.

4. I tried removing the png altogether and rendered it. But again, it failed.

5. I removed another file related to that image and tried rendering and it still failed.

I am at a loss as to what is going on. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I'd love any assistance I can get as to why this is happening or what can be done about it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Ashley

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

Rendering Error - AEGP Plugin PNGIO Support...

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to render a video in After Effects and I keep getting an error at the same place 0:12:12 (after multiple attempts at rendering it) that the rendering has failed due to error:

After Effects: AEGP Plugin PNGIO Support: PNGIO library error: IDAT: CRC error (5027:: 12)

I’ve rendered this video before with no issues so I’m puzzled as to why it’s all of a sudden giving me an error. The only thing I did different was remove a photo and place a new photo in its place.

I tried the following remedy to fix the error with no luck:

1. I removed the image (a jpg) at the place that my rendering failed at (12:12) thinking that maybe that image was corrupt. Then I rendered the video again. This didn't work. I still had it fail at the same place as before.

2. I tried importing a new jpg into the composition and got the following error: "the source file has a bad header. Please check that it is a valid file (86::1)"

3.  I removed the jpg and tried resaving that image as a png instead of a jpg in case it was something to do with the file type. I imported the png and rendered it again. It still failed at the same place in the video.

4. I tried removing the png altogether and rendered it. But again, it failed.

5. I removed another file related to that image and tried rendering and it still failed.

I am at a loss as to what is going on. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I'd love any assistance I can get as to why this is happening or what can be done about it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Ashley

Views

Translate

Translate

Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not provided any useful info like actual render settings, version of AE, screenshots, comp settings, system info etc.. And I also don't get why you are mucking around with JPEGS when the errro mentions a PNG error? Makes no sense at all.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mylenium,

My apologies but I am new to this so I wasn’t aware I needed to provide that information. Now that I know I can tell you that:

-render settings: I kept everything on the default settings as is but I clicked on ‘lossless’ and changed the file type to QuickTime to save it as a .mov file.

-I am using Adobe After Effects CC (2018 version)

-I am using a Omen HP laptop with Windows 10.

I can provide screenshots tomorrow, no problem.

I added a jpg because I thought maybe a different file type might help fix the problem. It didn’t but I thought I’d at least try. Please bear with me - I am trying to understand what’s going on with this issue but I’m at a loss therefore that’s why I’m asking for help.

Thanks!

Ashley

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't feel like you need to apologize--that guy was being unhelpful and rude. You did well trying out different solutions to troubleshoot the problem.

The error you got was becasuse one or more of your PNG files is corrupted. This happens commonly when you're working with files that have been rendered out of a 3D software program, such as Maya. What you need to do is take a look at your image sequence and identify the broken files. You can usually find them by seeing if any of them are considerably smaller than the others, like just a few kilobytes in size. You can also find them by opening up a thumbnail view of your file folder and visually identifying the corrupted files. 

Once you identify the broken files you can either re-render them or, as a quick and dirty fix if you don't have access to the 3D project, delete them and duplicate the file on either side of the sequence and rename the duplicate(s) to match the deleted file. Be cautious with this method because the animation may appear to stutter if there are too many duplicates. One or two probably won't be noticable, however. 

I know this was written a few years ago and you've surely moved on from the problem, but for others who stumble upon this thread hopefully this helps. 

Translate

Translate