• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SOLVED: 3d text has glitch

New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In After Effects, even after rendering, my 3d text shows up like this. I use Windows 10 btw.

pieizz4ilamas_0-1588813369643.png

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

It looks like you have a 3-D layer in the same plane as the face of the 3-D text. I don't have any idea at all about your workflow but the first place I would look good before another 3-D layer in exactly the same position as the 3-D text  layer.

If you need more help than that you will need to give us full workflow details and hopefully a screenshot that shows the modified properties of the layers that are giving you trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

You need to increase the separation of the different 3D planes. checkerboarding means the 3D engine can't figure out which sample point or polygon is in front of the other and produces inconsistent results.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you have a 3-D layer in the same plane as the face of the 3-D text. I don't have any idea at all about your workflow but the first place I would look good before another 3-D layer in exactly the same position as the 3-D text  layer.

If you need more help than that you will need to give us full workflow details and hopefully a screenshot that shows the modified properties of the layers that are giving you trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, thank you! I separated the layers a bit and now they're all fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to increase the separation of the different 3D planes. checkerboarding means the 3D engine can't figure out which sample point or polygon is in front of the other and produces inconsistent results.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines