• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unified camera Tool not appearing

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pressing C just cycles through "orbit around cursor", "pan under cursor" and "dolly towards cursor" the camera tools do not show up anywhere and I can't find any answers to this problem anywhere

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cameron5E2E_0-1604083650289.png

My toolbar looks like this and I can't find the camera tools anywhere, this isgetting really confusing because whenever I look at videos or other peoples AE their toolbar looks different. I've tried resetting to default and closing and reopening but that's had no effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. It's super frustrating. Let me know if you find out anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same trouble,  Just wondering if anyone had found a solution yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What they've done was split the unified tool into three different sections and added a little more flexibility to them. I finally figured it out. They did respond too, but it was frustrating trying to follow tutorials and what not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, what did you do to get to the unified camera tool?

quoteWhat they've done was split the unified tool into three different sections and added a little more flexibility to them. I finally figured it out. They did respond too, but it was frustrating trying to follow tutorials and what not. 

By @trevorslaney

Maybe you could link the tutorials you used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, got it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same proble how to solve ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have same problem,it was frustrating trying to follow some tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://youtu.be/UuGqMpv3Ubw 

This helped me to figure it out!

Taking a look at the 3D realm of After Effects, you'll find there's an easy way to move yourself around it. Though the unified camera tool no longer exists in the most recent version of After Effects, there's a very easy way to use the tools that they split for it. If you want to use the three ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cameron5E2E and trevorslaney,

Thanks for reaching out.

There are new camera tools that are introduced in the current release (17.5). There are additional tools available if you click and hold them. Click here for more information.

Let us know if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, basically, the unified camera tool is gone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe must have a new development team with lots of youngsters on it. Why they can't just leave things alone that don't need messing with is beyond me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly..... they even never used the unified camera tool, and don't know how useful it was. it is not good to listen to a bunch of youngstars and messing around with the tools. listen to an experienced artists who works on After Effects a lot. developers plz bring back the unified camera tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, come on! Why did you break a pefectly good tool?

Sure it might be "better" in some way, but we're used to it. I'm sure there may be "bettter" keyboards than QWERTY, but we've kept it for nearly 150 years because everyone's used to it.

No reason not to add the other tools, but why get rid of the one we're used to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely...If it ain't broke don't fix it....
These new developers must be offsprings of some higher ups, but clearly they know nothing about interface design consistency
The new layout now requires you hit 1 Shift + 1 rather than a smple C key......how is that an improvement

Really frustrating Adobe needs to hire developers who are not just programmers but understand the way designers work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I wanted to rotate my object in the 3D space to check it out. The button in the top panel which looks like Saturn (a sphere with a arrow ring going round it) did the trick. Maybe you can check that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear that you didn't like the new tool. I'd appreciate you sharing your feedback on the After Effects UserVoice to let the product team know about it.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are atempting to go the rout of FC and end up prosumer you're on your way. Because once you anlinate your professional users in favor of kids who just want yo 'mess around' with videos that's where you end up. Just bring back the f*%#ing tool please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finallyfound out how to resolve this from the project manager (Victoria Nance, thank you).

*** You need to hold the option key ***

Hold "option" (alt on windows) with the rotate tool and you get the camera back. You need to make sure it's enabled in 3D preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signed in and made an account, JUST to like this comment, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of this works for me. Not a single key (working on a mac).

Any tips? Where is the camera tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, Adobe updated it and made it better. You don't even need a camera tool anymore. Just press alt and use your middle, left, and right mouse buttons. Or press 1,2, or 3 and click/drag your mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is difficultto  trying to follow tutorials .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys. I have new things to tell you about After Effects. Basically they have reimagined their 3D workflows adding new camera navigation tools and transform gizmos for 3D layers. It's pretty cool! ⭐️ Learn More About Envato Elements $9 Offer ➡️ https://1.envato.market/PyEQGq 🖥 Unlimited ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines