• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Air.framework is damaged and can't be opened

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to download Adobe Air I get the above message.  I work on a MacBook Air (macOS Catalina version 10.15.1).  Can somebody help please.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue.  I thought it was an execute command running a different shell command but changing to zsh didn't work either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New installations with Adobe Air under MacOS Catalina will currently fail with this error.

My guess is that their code is incorrectly signed for some reason, or whatever permissions they require for Catalina are not supported through the Gatekeeper system.

To work around that, once installing Adobe AIR, you'll need to run the following command from your terminal:

sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /Library/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework

This will remove the quarantine flag from the framework, which is preventing the framework from being run.

It's worth noting that if you had Adobe AIR previously installed prior to upgrading to Catalina, then you wouldn't have this problem. It's a problem with new installations only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for that feedback.  I'm not that tech savvy though - how do I run a command from my terminal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To open the Terminal app, press Command-Spacebar. This will open Spotlight Search. Type "Terminal" into it and find and select the Terminal app. Press enter to open the Terminal app. 

Once the Terminal app is open, paste the command into the Terminal window and hit Enter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've got the same problem , only difference is that I'm not using Catalina. Tried following your advice but I still get the same Error message of "Framework damaged". Grateful for help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, yes I do use macOS Catalina 10.15.2 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whats the command ;(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tip. It works perfectly! 

I wish you a happy new year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to clarify since I am not tech savvy either.  When I open the terminal window there is text in there about the default interative shell is zsh, etc.  Do I just paste your command after that text or do I need to do something with the text that is in there now prior to pasting that command?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS! You saved my life and it is working now! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this help. We are about to start distance learning, due to the coronavirus, and your post has been a huge help in showing how children and parents can install Scratch 2.0 at home on a Mac.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This guy understands the issue and knows the exact fix. I opened terminal, copied and pasted the command and it worked as he said it would.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all the advice here!  I just ran into one problem.. in terminal when I pasted the command, I was asked for a password and it would not type in.??  Could not type anything. ..so wierd.  help!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have come across the same problem - It asks for a password and then won't let you type. Not sure what to do next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, your password won't appear as you type it. You have to type it and then press return, nothing will appear on the line but it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what password? for what ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's you're account password, the same you use to connect to your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKYOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!! Finally there 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I'm getting the same issue but I don't have a password assigned to this computer. It's still not letting me in and saying "Sorry, try again" help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I had the same issue and your advice worked, however, I would like to uninstall Air and when I clicked on the uninstaller it said that it was still damaged and failed to open. Do you know how I can uninstall the application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also unable to uninstall. Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the terminal and paste this code: 

sudo "/Volumes/Adobe AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe AIR Installer" -uninstall

I also only found it at a different website but it worked for me! After executing the command, you have to type in your Account Password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines