• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR app crashes on startup in iPhone X iOS Simulator

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying to test the AIR app in the new iOS 11 simulator to see how it would look on the iPhone X screen, but the app crashes on startup without any logs or errors.

I tried using AIR 26 and AIR 27 but the result is the same.

I found this discussion https://forum.starling-framework.org/topic/air-xcode-9-ios-11-beta-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly where it says:

iOS 11 enforces x86_64 for simulator builds. AIR only produces i386 simulator builds. Therefore, you cannot run AIR projects in the Xcode 11.0 Simulator.

So it looks like Adobe AIR doesnt support it yet.

Any ideas for a hack or temporary solution to make it work?

Or when can we expect an AIR update?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

el111​

So these are the final names to be used?

Some of them seem to conflict with names for older devices listed here (up to iPhone 7+ and iPad pro).

Adobe AIR * Application icons

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

Below is the list of launch images to be used with Adobe AIR applications:

Devices

Resolution  (pixels)

Launch image name

Orientation

iPhone

iPhone4(non-Retina)

640×960

Default~iphone.png

Portrait

iPhone 4,4s

640×960

Default@2x~iphone.png

Portrait

iPhone 5,5c,5s

640×1136

Default-568h@2x~iphone.png

Portrait

iPhone 6, 7, 8

750×1334

Default-375w-667h@2x~iphone.png

Portrait

iPhone 6+, 7+, 8+

1242×2208

Default-414w-736h@3x~iphone.png

Portrait

iPhone 6+, 7+, 8+

2208×1242

Default-Landscape-414w-736h@3x~iphone.png

Landscape

iPhone X

1125x2436

Default-812h@3x~iphone.png

Portrait

iPhone X

2436x1125

Default-Landscape-812h@3x~iphone.png

Landscape

iPad

iPad 1,2

768×1024

Default-Portrait~ipad.png

Portrait

iPad 1,2

768×1024

Default-PortraitUpsideDown~ipad.png

Upside down portrait

iPad 1,2

1024×768

Default-Landscape~ipad.png

Left landscape

iPad 1,2

1024×768

Default-LandscapeRight~ipad.png

Right landscape

iPad 3,Air

1536×2048

Default-Portrait@2x~ipad.png

Portrait

iPad 3,Air

1536×2048

Default-PortraitUpsideDown@2x~ipad.png

Upside down portrait

iPad 3,Air

2048×1536

Default-LandscapeLeft@2x~ipad.png

Left landscape

iPad 3,Air

2048×1536

Default-LandscapeRight@2x~ipad.png

Right landscape

iPad Pro

2048×2732

Default-Portrait@2x.png

Portrait

iPad Pro

2732×2048

Default-Landscape@2x.png

Landscape

Please let us know if you see any discrepancy in this.

Thanks,

Pravishti | Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pravishtis​

Is there an image to be used for Ipad Pro 10.5" ?

It has a resolution of 1668x2224px

I did try Default-Portrait-834w-1112h@2x~ipad.png but I still get a Capabilities.screenResolutionX of 1536

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/AIR-4198511

Is there any connection with the above table to the UILaunchImages array in Info.plist now produced by AIR28 ?

I ask because for iPad Pro the image names are listed as IpadPro12inchPortrait.png and IpadPro12inchLandscape.png in the Info.plist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For the issue "Is there an image to be used for Ipad Pro 10.5" ?

We are aware of this issue and working on it.

Thanks,

Ankit | Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read for 10.5" iPad Pro use launch image name Default-Portrait-1112h@2x.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that, doesn't work.

Adobe have already confirmed it's a known issue.

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/AIR-4198511

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/AIR-4198511  is known to us. We are in process of fixing this. Please stay tuned.

Thanks,

Ankit | Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if it is now possible to use jpg splashscreens instead of png with the new format? This would greatly reduce ipa file size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty sure they need to be PNG. I solved the IPA size by having a splash screen that is the average color of my main menu screen. The splash screen is only there for a brief moment, the overall effect is a bit like the main menu image faded in. The total file size for 9 splash screens is under 200k.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rewb0rn  wrote

Does anyone know if it is now possible to use jpg splashscreens instead of png with the new format? This would greatly reduce ipa file size.

A few other tricks you can use:

* 8-bit PNGs use a lot less space, next best is 24-bit (you probably don't need or want an alpha channel).

* Tools like optipng and pngwolf can convert losslessly to PNGs that are usually smaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The splash image for iPad Pro 10.5" is now fixed in Release 28.0.0.125

Default-Landscape-1112h@2x.png (2224x1668)

Default-Portrait-1112h@2x.png (1668x2224)

Many thanks !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

The issue for iPad Pro (10.5") launch images has been fixed in AIR 28. Please download the SDK from Download Adobe AIR SDK​. Specifications for launch images is available at: Launch Images on iOS with Adobe AIR​.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pravishtis Thank you!, exactly what I needed!

So did I get it right that from iOS 11 onwards icons will not display without Assets.car?

Do we have to keep both ways, i.e. regular icons for iOS previous to 11 and Assets.car for 11 onwards?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PippoApps​ Certainly seems that way from my testing today. I've got everything working nicely now apart from the bug with the stretching splash screen so I guess I'm just waiting on that now.

pravishtis​ Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The stretching launch image issue on iPhone X seems to be iOS switching to Default@2x~iphone.png after briefly displaying Default-812h@3x~iphone.png. I renamed the iPhone X image to Default@3x~iphone.png and used the following:

<dict>

<key>UILaunchImageMinimumOSVersion</key>

<string>7.0</string>

<key>UILaunchImageName</key>

<string>Default</string>

<key>UILaunchImageOrientation</key>

<string>Portrait</string>

<key>UILaunchImageSize</key>

<string>{320, 480}</string>

</dict>

<dict>

<key>UILaunchImageMinimumOSVersion</key>

<string>11.0</string>

<key>UILaunchImageName</key>

<string>Default</string>

<key>UILaunchImageOrientation</key>

<string>Portrait</string>

<key>UILaunchImageSize</key>

<string>{375, 812}</string>

</dict>

Another option that works is to rename Default@2x~iphone.png to something else, like Default-iPhone4.png and use that as the UILaunchImageName for [320, 480] devices. That should prevent iPhone X from choosing that image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please check with latest AIR 28 Beta (Download Adobe AIR 28 Beta - Adobe Labs) and let us know if you face any issues.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pravishtis  wrote

Can you please check with latest AIR 28 Beta (Download Adobe AIR 28 Beta - Adobe Labs) and let us know if you face any issues

Here are issues I've found so far with AIR 28.0.0.112:

1. UILaunchImages key value pairs from app.xml InfoAdditions are now ignored. Desired behavior: If UILaunchImages is defined in InfoAdditions, AIR SDK shouldn't add its own UILaunchImages section.

2. The Default@2x~iphone.png launch image is displayed on iPhone X (stretched) instead Default-812h@3x~iphone.png. Note that the actual stage resolution is properly set to 2436x1125 when the app launches.

3. The UILaunchImageName values are formatted incorrectly. With regard to UILaunchImageName, Apple states "The name you specify for this key should not include a filename extension, nor should it include modifiers such as @2x, -568h, ~iphone, or ~ipad" (Reference: https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/General/Reference/InfoPlistKeyReference/Ar...)

Due to #1 and #2, I can not use AIR 28 SDK (yet it's a regression from the behavior I now have working correctly in AIR 27 SDK).

I still think the best approach is for the iPhone X filename to be Default@3x~iphone.png and the UILaunchImageName to be simply Default. Or, the AIR SDK could change the basename from Default to LaunchImage, like other modern Xcode apps.

I'd also recommend reviewing this thread, which covers the technique some major iOS developers are using (e.g. IconFactory): https://twitter.com/stroughtonsmith/status/879021146833813504

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

Why are you using AIR 28.0.112 Beta when there is newer AIR 28.0.0.120 Beta available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/chaky%5C  wrote

Why are you using AIR 28.0.112 Beta when there is newer AIR 28.0.0.120 Beta available?

I downloaded the 64-bit build today, which was 28.0.0.112. Perhaps it hasn't been updated yet? I'll try the 32-bit build and see if it has a newer build number and if the behavior has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know what you are talking about. There is 64 bit only AIR SDK but it is used only for compiling Windows captive run times in 64 bit. Maybe you download that by mistake. When you download regular AIR SDK Beta from this link: https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/air/AIRSDK_Compiler.zip

You will get 28.0.0.120 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes you would need both Assets.car for iOS 11 and regular icons for iOS 10 and below.

Thanks,

Krati | Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

krgupta​ As windows user I am really interested if there is any chance that AIR 28 will generate this file itself? Or from now it becomes impossible to make builds without mac (because mac is required to generate assets.car as described in release notes)?Should I wait until this will be implemented in non-beta release or it is better to start looking for mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to Adobe specs, this is the complete list with all iOS devices covered:

These are artboards from an AI file I use to export them all. If you want the AI pm me.

19 PNGs, sometimes splashscreens occupy more space than the app itself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might need this file. It's an AI with artboards already set to export with the correct file name to cover all 18 splashscreens as described in Pravishti's table. Eventually, once the iPad PRO 10.5 inches doubt is cleared I will update it and add it here.

www.pippoapps.com/_downloads/SplashScreen_exporter_FULL_IOS_CC.ai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the AI file! I will try this out. I find this area and icons as well to need some streamlining. Perhaps within the animate app? Or maybe even better an AIR app that produces all these templates pngs with a click, named properly and with XML nodes to add when appropriate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines