• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way to record video of the app to use in the AppStore

Participant ,
May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for the best way to record the promo video you upload to the AppStore. Any suggestions appreciated.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

You could run the app as test movie inside Flash Pro, and then use any screen recorder to record the action. Or, play the app on any device, and use Reflector to record it:

Reflector 2 | Wireless mirroring & streaming for Android, iOS & Chromebooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could run the app as test movie inside Flash Pro, and then use any screen recorder to record the action. Or, play the app on any device, and use Reflector to record it:

Reflector 2 | Wireless mirroring & streaming for Android, iOS & Chromebooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colin. Reflector looks like a pretty straightforward solution - I'll go and try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second reflector - recently purchased the full version and it's so worth it at $15

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I needed to record some app action today, and the latest version of Reflector didn't do such a great job. The quality wasn't ideal and a lot of frames were being dropped. Instead I recorded the app being run in Flash Pro, and used Snapz Pro to do the screen recording. Came out a lot better.

If you're on Mac you can use QuickTime Player to do the screen recording.

Here's the Snapz web page:

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/snapzprox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mm, reflector does require a strong local wifi signal, as does AirPlay which it's built on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried now with my iPhone set to use my Mac's wi-fi as its Internet connection. That improved things, though not quite as good quality as the direct screen recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

good to know, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines