• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone 5 Optimization Requirement - Launch Image

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tonight, upon completion of uploading my app to iTunes, I received the following message:

Your binary is not optimized for iPhone 5. As of May 1, all new iPhone apps and app updates submitted must support the 4-inch display on iPhone 5. All apps must include a launch image of the appropriate size. Learn more about iPhone 5 support by reviewing the iOS Human Interface Guidelines.

This caught me offguard as I have had an image for the iPhone 5 in the app package for serveral months (Default-568h@2x.png). I am following the guidelines set forth in this article - http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/articles/launch-images-ios.html.

I am using FlashBuilder 4.6 with AIR 3.5. Suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks, in advance.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Hi,

Well, I'm no mvp+++, but I'll give it a try. 😉

Under Project > Properties > Flex (or Actionscript) Build Packaging > Apple iOS > Package Contents, does it show the Default-586h@2x.png as checked and included in the package? All the files that get packaged with the build will be listed under Package Contents. There you can check or uncheck what items to include.

If the app runs on your iPhone 5 with the default image and filling the entire screen, then it should upload that way to Apple.

iBren

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help as well Colin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Colin,

I actually have installed an Air SDK 3.8, as 3.7 is not available any more; unfortunately, the application is still being rejected by Apple...

You can find the screenshot with the publishing settings: what is going wrong, according to you?

screenshot.png

Thank you very much in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have the splash screens at the same level as the FLA, just to be safe. You don't seem to have any of the other splash screens, so although you have the one for iPhone 5, you're missing all of the others.

Also, you want to have auto orientation turned on.

The "d" in the file name should be capitalized, like: Default-568h@2x.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right: I have all 3 versions of the screen, but I purposely avoided to include the other 2, fearing that iTunes could have made mistakes in identifying the iPhone5-one.

I will had all 3 and use the capital letter, and also set auto-orientation on.

Will tell you later, thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Colin, your advices worked!!! The app was NOT rejected due to the not-optimized binary.

We are Waiting For Review (hope everything goes in the right direction...)

Will keep you updated, have a good day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will an app be rejected for this reason? I just spent ages packaging and uploading a series of updates only to get this message!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you include the iPhone 5 splash screen, but don't use the right SDK, it will get rejected. Up until midnight you could submit the app without the iPhone splash screen , and it would get accepted, but from tomorrow you are required to support iPhone 5. So, just build with the right version of AIR now, and all should be ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2013 May 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In response to e-mail received: "

iPhone 5 Optimization Requirement - Your binary is not optimized for iPhone 5. As of May 1, all new iPhone apps and app updates submitted must support the 4-inch display on iPhone 5. All apps must include a launch image of the appropriate size."

Is anyone familiar with updating Air to 3.7 in FlashBuilder 4.6?  There's no "manage SDKs... " link in the help menu that I've found and started following the instructions for updating Air to 3.7 in FlashBuilder4.7 but I don't seem to have the same library files to overwrite (C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flash.compiler_4.7.0.349722) in FB4.6.

I've downloaded:

AdobeAirInstaller.exe
AIRSDK_Compiler.zip

air3-7_win.exe

air3-7_sdk_sa_win.zip

but can't seem to find the winning combo...

I tried putting a Default-568h@2x.png in the project (and ensured it is included in the package contents) when building.

Thanks for any help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update:

I changed our splashscreen scale mode from "letterbox" to stretch and put the Default-568h@2x.png in both root directory and Images folder... the splash looks great on iPhone5 device so I'm going to repackage the ipa and upload to Apple to see what happens.

I'll try to post back if we get accepted / rejected or generate any more missing image messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your Default-568h@2x.png 640x1136 or 1136x640?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 640x1136

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be correct then. I was just checking because you talked about scale modes for your splash screen, and this image is shown before your app gets opened at all. So, quite some time before any scale modes you use take effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "PurpleHattersBall".   To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:    

Invalid Launch Image - Your app contains a launch image with a size modifier that is only supported for apps built with the iOS 6.0 SDK or later.

Though you are not required to fix the following issues, we wanted to make you aware of them:

iPhone 5 Optimization Requirement - Your binary is not optimized for iPhone 5. As of May 1, all new iPhone apps and app updates submitted must support the 4-inch display on iPhone 5. All apps must include a launch image of the appropriate size. Learn more about iPhone 5 support by reviewing the iOS Human Interface Guidelines.

Changed our app submission to "Rejected Binary"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That message means that the Default-568h@2x.png is included ok, but you're using an iPhone SDK earlier than 6.0. Which suggests you're using AIR 3.4 without the modified adt.jar file.

Are you positive that you're using something later than AIR 3.4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in no way positive that I'm using an AIR version greater than 3.4.  I still am totally unsure of how to update AIR to a newer version for FlashBuilder 4.6.  I tried to find files to overwrite and ran every Air 3.7 windows installer I could find from Adobe.  I've tried updating FlashBuilder4.6 via the help menu but it says no updates are available.  Is anyone familiar with the process for updating AIR within flashbuilder 4.6?  Is there a preference or including SDK setting somewhere in project or FB settings?  I'm a little surprised it's not treated as an automatic update for FB 4.6.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe a new Flex SDK > 4.6.0 is what I'll need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the steps for overlaying AIR 3.7 with Flash Builder 4.7, hopefully the steps will be much the same for Flash Builder 4.6, or for AIR 3.6:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-builder/kb/overlay-air-sdk-flash-builder.html

If you do use AIR 3.7, and if you are using MXML, you'll need to make sure you're using the right version of the SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I believe I found the correct location for FlashBuilder 4.6.  This is what I'm going to backup and overwrite:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\sdks\4.6.0

This folder contains similar folders and files to the downloaded AIRSDK_Compiler.zip so I'll have to assume this is the correct location.  The 4.7 instructions have you copy the contents of: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flash.compiler_4.7.0.349722  which in FlashBuilder 4.6 do not appear to exist.

I'll let you know how the copy over goes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the correct location. I am using FB4.6 with AIR 3.7 and just put the AIR SDK in that folder and it updated correctly. I published to the Apple store without any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that was bad...

I deleted the contents of 4.6.0 (after making a copy!) and tried extracting from Air 3.7's AIRSDK_Compiler.zip (similar to instructions for updating FB4.7...)

It disabled design mode in FB4.6 saying "you do not have the correct Flex SDK" and reverted my Flex SDK to version 2.0.1.  I replaced the folder with my backup and will now try to extract overtop of the existing files in there instead of nuking the 4.6.0 folder first. 

Will be back with an update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@slebang do you happen to know if you used AIRSDK_Compiler.zip or air3-7_sdk_sa_win.zip when you copied it over?

I assume the correct method is to exact one of those archives onto the 4.6.0 folder after backing it up?

Following that step did you create a new project in FlashBuilder and copy over your contents or simply export a new release build?

Thanks again for everyone's help, I feel like I'm at least closer to getting a working build!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I first tried the _Compiler version then without. 

At first I was getting a cannot resolve <s:TabbedApplicationNav... type error but removing the background color tag from this definition resolved the error.  (Apprently no longer how you specify an application wide bgcolor, or maybe it never was but didn't throw an error )

This allowed me to export a new .ipa and it looks ok to me so I'll upload to apple and report back... thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it on this page at the very bottom in small print: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/air-sdk-download.html

At the bottom of the page their is a link that states

"Note : Flex users will need to download the original AIR SDK without the new compiler. Mac Windows."

Here's the windows link: http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/win/download/latest/AdobeAIRSDK.zip

I copied the existing folder and then extracted the zip into the original folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, well I've got it submitted to apple again, waiting on an e-mail and I'll be back with a reply...  Thank you Colin and Slebang, you guys are great and it's resassuring to have someone helping get this stuff set up correctly.  I marked all your replies as helpful and truly appreciate your support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sir

i am developing ios application with CS6 and using air sdk 3.2 and 3.7. when i publish my app with sdk 3.2 its work fine but with sdk 3.7 a white blank screen appear after launch screen.
so if you what is the reason behind this please make reply to me i am vert thank full to you.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines