• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate 2021 Opens, but without the Actions Panel? Opening that Crashes Animate2021?

Participant ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started yesterday, no changes have taken place. 

The Actions Panel has always been part of my custom workspace but is not there any more.

What gives? 

Thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

assign, at least, one custom keyboard shortcut.

confirm it works

then reset your preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/set-preferences.html

confirm your custom keyboard shortcut no longer works

open the actions panel

p.s. saving versions frequently is useless unless you change the save file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you open a different workspace that contains an actions panel.  if so, use it and recreate your custom workspace and resave it.

or reset your preferences for a better fix but a loss of all your customizations, https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/set-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks klgad, the issue seems to be something with the CC Desktop app. 

When I close that from the task manager and relaunch Animate, everything seems to be fine. 

While working on a Canvas asset today, my Actions panel disappeared, Animate notified me that the file I was working on no longer existed and when I tried to open the Actions panel the program crashed again. Luckily I re-saved the file I was working on before it crashed, thus saving me from wasting an entire day's work. These Adobe bugs are a bit too exciting for me,I would prefer it if they would sort out their programming issues. Has anyone else heard of this issue? 

Thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first, reset the cc app:

to reset the cc desktop app, make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, try to repair
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

also, not only should you save your fla file frequently, save it with increasing version number appended.  here are the saves i'm making while working on a canvas website for a client:

kglad_0-1632875899536.png

after a while you can delete the older ones.  from the screenshot you can see i deleted the first 18 or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I always save versions of every canvas I develop with Animate, for just this reason; unpredictible and potentially disastrous bugs. 

This time the CC Desktop App wasn't even running, and when I opened my file to resume work my workspace opened with now Actions panel open again... tried to open it and the program crashed, deleted the file I opened to edit but replaced the file with one named TMP13454810B22CF7615B0309... I just want to get some work done as I am on tight deadlines. 

JefferyWright_0-1633355122894.png

So I opened the TMP file, again no Actions panel, tried to open it, crashed and now even that TMP was deleted automatically, apparently for my convenience or something. 

What are the implications for Resetting the app? I think I've had my fill of unfortunate surprises from using this Adobe product... I simply want to get some work done. 

Thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating to Animate 21.0.9 failed to resovle this issue. 

None of the workspace presets show the Actions panel. 

Where do these reports go? Is this just to let Adobe customers feel like something is being done about these glaring flaws in their products? 

JefferyWright_0-1633356376562.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

assign, at least, one custom keyboard shortcut.

confirm it works

then reset your preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/set-preferences.html

confirm your custom keyboard shortcut no longer works

open the actions panel

p.s. saving versions frequently is useless unless you change the save file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I meant, File_01.fla, File_02.fla, etc...

Well I performed the ritual sacrifice of resetting my preferences and it appears to have appeased the Adobe gods... for now.

I gotta say, I would rather just work on my projects to deliver media to my clients instead of participating in these wild, surprise adventures in finding ways to get the software to do what it's expected to do. 

Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines