• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC Error Importing MP3 Files (Mac & Win)

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2016 Apr 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried importing & dragging an MP3 file into Animate CC and I would get this message (see image) "Couldn't Import *.mp3…" "One or more files were not imported…". I tried this on both Mac & Win10 (everything is to up to date), installed QT on Win10, Reset my settings, tried it on another mac with a fresh install.

I used a stand alone media converter from a raw recording (mac & Win), tried to fiddle with the compression etc. The last step is to open an old Flash file with an mp3.

Animate-MP3-Error.jpg

TOPICS
Error , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

If you mean how do you make a 44.1 kHz, 16 bit sound file, if you have Creative Cloud you could use Audition or Adobe Media Encoder. Same if you have Flash Pro CS6, AME has audio only presets. In both of those is a 48 kHz preset that you could change to be 44.1 kHz, and Save a Copy. It will then appear in the user presets list.

If you don't have access to Audition or AME there are free/donate applications such as Audacity:

http://www.audacityteam.org/

On Mac I also use this cheap batch compression

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted this question in another thread. As I mentioned there, make sure your MP3 files are 16 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, if you're doing AS3 FLAs you should use WAVs, not MP3, it helps with scrubbing Stream audio. You can use the publishing settings to set what MP3 compression happens when you make the SWF.

If you're making HTML5 Canvas FLAs, you need to use MP3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16 bit doesn't work either, BUT I do see down the thread that you ALSO need to make sure it's 41k I believe, and that combination did the trick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

44.1 kHz can fix sync issues, 16 bit can fix import and sound distortion issues. So, always do both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't import until I changed to 44, so it was necessary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i do that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean how do you make a 44.1 kHz, 16 bit sound file, if you have Creative Cloud you could use Audition or Adobe Media Encoder. Same if you have Flash Pro CS6, AME has audio only presets. In both of those is a 48 kHz preset that you could change to be 44.1 kHz, and Save a Copy. It will then appear in the user presets list.

If you don't have access to Audition or AME there are free/donate applications such as Audacity:

http://www.audacityteam.org/

On Mac I also use this cheap batch compression tool:

Audio-Converter on the Mac App Store

It's $2, and well worth having. Very handy too if you're doing HTML5 Canvas and need to support Ogg-Vorbis audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didn't work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Irrelevent 

what os?

what animate version?

is there a problem with all mp's?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am already using a wave file, but I'm primarily publishing to HTML5 which uses mp3's. I guess I'm too being picky.

Then again you should be able to drop several audio formats and so far non work (AIFF, MOV, MP4, ACC)

I reposted it as "Adobe Animate CC" CS6 is a little dated plus Flash CS6/CC14 does not support HTML5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have problems using WAV in an HTML5 Canvas FLA. I can't remember what those problems are, but it took me a while to realize it was the fact that they were WAV that caused issues.

It looks like your Untitled FLA is an AS3 one. If you're going to be ending up with a Canvas FLA you should start that way. There are a lot of things you can do in an AS3 FLA that won't translate to a Canvas FLA, best to stay within the limitation of Canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate actually converts the wav to an mp3 when publishing to HTML5. I try to keep all images vector base. All the shapes are actually all encoded in the .js file. Yes I'm going to test. Really I'm just annoyed that the Adobe FAQ guide basically says you can drag any of the listed audio file to the library "No Problem" ya…  Well thanks for the help so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problems I've seen are not to do with the published version, but while you're working inside the FLA. It could be that I was working with a converted FLA, where the WAVs were set to Stream in the AS3 version, I'm not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hay Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - MP3s need to also be 44k not 48k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shamus, it's been 11 months since stijill2 has even logged in. I'm pretty sure he's figured it out. No need to go around dredging up year-old threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was reading the thread a year later to find an answer and added a new perspective that had helped me address the original problem, but OK if you'd rather I didn't contribute thats your prerogative I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Input from different perspectives is always welcome even months (or years 😜, in my case) later! This just helped me out. Thank you, Shamus...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I find this happens sometimes when we, who rarely visit the forums for 'guidance', get hassled for dreadging up year-old threads. When in the forum guidlines it says search for answers before posting. If I haven't figured I will look to the comments for extra ideas - even though your advice didn't work for me - it was worth a shot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologise, it did work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if using a Remote Desktop Connection has anything to do with it? I converted my wav file to 44kHz, 16 bit, and it still won't import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Alexandre5FBF , Are you using 21.0.8 version of Animate? If yes, there is a known issue with audio import & has been fixed in the latest version of Animate - 21.0.9 released yesterday.

Please update your copy to the latest using CC Desktop application to avail the fix.

Thanks, Sukhesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks....I actually don't see 21.0.9 in the CC desktop app, only 21.0.8. Do you have a link to the update somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Alexandre5FBF Can you please try Help > Check for updates option in Creative Cloud desktop application or just Sing-out and Sign-in to Creative Cloud app and see if that helps?

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines